• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virginia Smoking Ban

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
I got this email from a local B&M. I thought I would post it here as it concerns us all, especially the many CP members from the state of Virginia.

Greetings Fellow Cigar and Pipe Smokers,

We urge you to contact your House and Senate Representatives today in regards to the Virginia Smoking ban. This is an issue that affects every cigar and pipe smoker and your ability to smoke in almost anyplace but your home. Although your neighborhood tobacconist and residence are exempt, this bill will ban restaurants, bars, and other places you are now able to enjoy smoking freely.Again, the State of Virginia is looking to further regulate and ban smoking in most public places. This is the next step by the state attempting to completely ban smoking from ALL public places. We urge you strongly to visit this website to make your voice heard.

Click the URL below to take action now.
http://capwiz.com/rtda/utr/2/?a=8420231&i=77196646

Thanks, Patrick. I just went over to the RTDA website and sent of letters to my VA representatives. Took all of 3 minutes. I urge everyone to do this. We can't let the nicotine nazis win. :angry2:

On a brighter note, all of the state senators in this area voted against the ban. Maybe the House will actualy exhibit some sense...of course, we are talking about politicians. :0

Thanks, Patrick for posting this. :thumbs:
I will go to the website now and send off a letter.
I urge all Virginia members of this board to do the same.

Thanks again :thumbs:

Sending out some letters today, got the same email glad we have a little time to fight, this is ridiculous I thought for sure that Va would be one of the last hold outs on this kind of legislation.

I have a feeling that we have the support of a VA based company that employs a lot of people and has a lot of money to spend keeping this law from being passed. They have done a pretty good job of keeping Richmond cigar friendly, because they know first its the cigars then smoking entirely. I will be asking them to stand up for us all on this issue, and Im sure they are already doing so.

CYG

Back