• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vito's Humidor

Waxing Moon

I made this humidor for Joseph Gannascoli - the actor that played Vito on the Sopranos....

Joseph has his own line of cigars called Cugine and they are distributed by Alec Bradley.....

"Vito" will be in town on Saturday at which point I will hand it over to him.... Most of the details were requested by him.... except for the tray... I came up with that and just did it... He wanted the "R" s on the lid to look like pistols and to be red.... so, I took the pistols one step further and did some traywork....

This thing shines... it must have 25 coats of lacquer.... it was very difficult to get a good picture... I may try again... but, the flash just kept screwing up the pictures....

Cocobolo & Macassar Ebony
10.25" x 8.75" x 4.5"
Count.... around 30

Thanks for looking....

32-11.jpg

32-12.jpg

32-13.jpg

That is absolutely amazing work. :thumbs: So glad to have you with us here.

nice work, how did you get the picture on the wood?

Thanks.... I used a laser for both the outside and the inside work. The outside is the image that he uses for inside his cigar boxes and the inside on the spanish cedar is a scanned image of one of the Cugine cigar bands... and the laser cut out the pistols in the tray as well....

I have a video of the laser doing it's thing at this link.... if you want to see it...

Thanks.... I used a laser for both the outside and the inside work. The outside is the image that he uses for inside his cigar boxes and the inside on the spanish cedar is a scanned image of one of the Cugine cigar bands... and the laser cut out the pistols in the tray as well....

I have a video of the laser doing it's thing at this link.... if you want to see it...

Hey WM,
you never did answer the questions on the cabinet thread. What did you use for a humidity source? I think your work looks stellar just want to know all your other secrets as well!!!!

PJ

Great work again Ed. Fuhgetabout it,he's gonna love the f***in' thing!

Hey WM,
you never did answer the questions on the cabinet thread. What did you use for a humidity source? I think your work looks stellar just want to know all your other secrets as well!!!!

PJ

Hey thanks questions asked and answered! :thumbs:

PJ

Very nice job. As far as the photo's go you could try turning off the flash and using a remote source of light. If you could get it near a window with the sun coming in that might work well.

That tray is sick! Great work, can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Here's a picture of Joe & I after I gave him the humidor..... He loved it! He is on tour promoting his Cugine's and said it'll be front and center on his display... and then going to his den when he gets it home. He also asked me to build another one, a little bigger that he can take to a cigar show in Vegas in August..... Good Stuff!

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg