• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

" Vuelta Abajo " Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars

LedZep

Good Morning Brothers.. and Happy Halloween :thumbs:

Well, I may be going in on 25 bundle of Pre-Embargo Cubans with a few buddies from work. "Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars"

I have wanted to try a cuban cigar for quite sometime, and for now.. This is what is available.

Do you think these cigars with leaf from ** 1959 ** will give me a feel for that "taste" of Cuban cigars today?

With Tobacco that is 50+ years old.. I would personally think "not"..

Hmm. Maybe they'll taste like the leaves I am ready to go outside and rake.. lol , But you never know..
( or maybe some of you guys do ?)

Led

Good Morning Brothers.. and Happy Halloween :thumbs:

Well, I may be going in on 25 bundle of Pre-Embargo Cubans with a few buddies from work. "Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars"

I have wanted to try a cuban cigar for quite sometime, and for now.. This is what is available.

Do you think these cigars with leaf from ** 1959 ** will give me a feel for that "taste" of Cuban cigars today?

Hmm. Maybe they'll taste like the leaves I am ready to go outside and rake.. lol , But you never know..

Led

I've seen these at my local going for $20 ea. and although I'd love to try one, I've read a couple of places they're not all that great so have passed. But, of course, taste is subjective and not having smoked one, really can't give my personal opinion. There are sales all the time for CC, although not pre-embargo. ;)

I've never seen pre-embargo Cuban cigars for sale except for at auction. I for one like aged Cuban cigars, but from 1959? That could be a stretch. Lots of variables to consider...the biggest of which is storage conditons over that time. That being said...I wouldn't mind purchasing 1-to-3 cigars...just for the experience of smoking a pre-embargo Cuban cigar, but I would not expect much in terms of flavor or strength. As far as it being an indicator or what the present crop of Cubans is smoking like...not a chance. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on a few...great. But I wouldn't purchase more than that from a bundle...

Good Morning Brothers.. and Happy Halloween
thumbs-up.gif

Led

Don't waste your time and/or money. ...and search is your friend!

Good Morning Brothers.. and Happy Halloween
thumbs-up.gif

Led

Don't waste your time and/or money. ...and search is your friend!

Thanks all.
You are right Grateful1, I need to "search" more before I post.
There is so much good information posted by the brothers here already..
I must be honest, I do also enjoy the fresher comments in a new post.. and maybe some more of us newer guys have similar questions , But are afraid to ask these newbie defining questions.

So I figure I got my other brothers covered too.. :thumbs:
Led

Marketing Schmarketing, just sell them the floor scraps from the Esteli factory and tell them its Pre-Embargo. John