• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Walmart Sale

KeithS

If anyone is looking to start or expand their coolidor storage, you might want to check your local Walmart. Mine has the 70Qt Coleman on sale for $20.00. There was only four left at my Walmart.

If anyone is looking to start or expand their coolidor storage, you might want to check your local Walmart. Mine has the 70Qt Coleman on sale for $20.00. There was only four left at my Walmart.
Hot damn. Helluva deal! The 48 and 50 qt units go for $18-25 so this is pretty good.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wilkey

PS. I'll pass though because if my wife finds another, bigger cooler in the basement, she'll find some way to fit my body parts into it.

"PS. I'll pass though because if my wife finds another, bigger cooler in the basement, she'll find some way to fit my body parts into it."

Priceless and so true..

Hot damn. Helluva deal! The 48 and 50 qt units go for $18-25 so this is pretty good.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wilkey

PS. I'll pass though because if my wife finds another, bigger cooler in the basement, she'll find some way to fit my body parts into it.

Is it easy to get the plastic smell out of these coolers? I bought a 100qt coleman extreme(got a solid deal on it...heh) and have tried nearly everything to get the plastic smell out, including leaving it open outside for the last week, and the smell is still there(but diminished). Thanks.

Personally I think 70 quart sizes are too small! :laugh:

The best prices on coolers at the big box stores can usually be found in January. Who the hell is looking to buy coolers in January? :D Ever notice how airfares to Austrailia in oh say, August are about 1/3 of what they are in February? There's a reason for that. ;)

I bought my 100 quart and 120 quart coolers in January and I don't think I paid over $30.00 either time.

Is it easy to get the plastic smell out of these coolers? I bought a 100qt coleman extreme(got a solid deal on it...heh) and have tried nearly everything to get the plastic smell out, including leaving it open outside for the last week, and the smell is still there(but diminished). Thanks.

When mine were new, I noticed only a faint plastic smell but it was definitely much less noticeable as time went on. Odds are your sense of smell is more discerning than mine since I'm an old fart bordering on senility. :laugh: I've heard that people with Alzheimer's have no sense of smell.... :whistling:

When I first bought my coolers, I barely noticed a faint plastic smell but after a while it pretty much went away.

See, I think I'm pre-Alzheimer's already, am I repeating myself? :laugh:

So you're saying I should just put my cigars in the cooler and stop worrying about the smell so much?

How to remove the smell is a good question especially if you have an acute sense of smell.
After many years of making and drinking wine, I find the subtle differences is cigar smells is very enjoyable to me. I would not want the smell of plastic to permeate my expensive cigars.

I don't own a cooler, but would like to try. I wonder if the inside can be sprayed with some kind if clear coat lacquer to keep the plastic from venting?

I'll see if I can research the question and share any answers I find.

- Rick

Most members recommend bleach w/o any added scents. I Just used soap and water, and let my coolers air out for a long while. I have never EVER noticed any 'plastic taste or smell' in my cigars. Also, try adding some cedar boxes to it once you get it done...most of what you'll smell will be tobacco + cedar :D.

Don't stress so much about the small stuff guys. There's no way you can possibly regulate a humidor to be 70* and at 65RH every second of everyday w/o the use of expensive humidors. Just do your best to follow guidelines laid out by FOGs and seriously, just enjoy the ride. :)!!

God I love cigars. :)

I got rid of the plastic smell by filling with water and add about 1/2 cups of bleach, then let it rest for a day.
After 24 hours, I would dump the liquid and let the cooler dry out.
Once dry, I put in a bowl, baking powder and put bowl in cooler and shut the cooler.
Give it about 3 days and the smell will be gone. No more plastic smell.

The tutorial above gave good instructions on this.

Good luck

Keith...I don't need another cooler but can you pick me up a dozen muffins?

Thanks for passing on the info keith...it is a helluva deal!