• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Warming up

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I'm curious as to what to do. My beads aren't really holding at 65. It's getting hot here in AZ and my smokes are starting to dry a bit.

Should I just keep adding water to the beads every other day to try to keep it more constant or should I add another humidifying source? Today the humidity was at 59. What's a brotha to do? I've already moved my humi to the coolest spot in my house in the closet.

Thanks,
Ree

ree ree robusto said:
I'm curious as to what to do. My beads aren't really holding at 65. It's getting hot here in AZ and my smokes are starting to dry a bit.

Should I just keep adding water to the beads every other day to try to keep it more constant or should I add another humidifying source? Today the humidity was at 59. What's a brotha to do? I've already moved my humi to the coolest spot in my house in the closet.

Thanks,
Ree
[snapback]188149[/snapback]​
Add more beads. Or just cut a small sponge into a square. Then moisten the sponge w/ water. Put the sponge on top of the beads. Keep doing this until your humi reaches 2 points higher than your desired RH.

Emo

I had good success with a very large block of florist's foam, and a 60/40 mix of PG to Distilled solution ( the move away from the traditional 50/50 mix was an attempt at getting the RH to stabilize at a percentage lower than the 70% the 50/50 was supposed to maintain. I think this would work especially well for you Ree since your humidity outside is lower than you want your RH to be. I had to move to beads once the weather here in Honolulu turned balmy, since the PG wasn't able to lower the humidity in the coolider like a pound of dry beads can. If you keep the beads in there too, you may get a nice equilibrium, who knows?

BTW, I also was able to set up a wine cooler to double as a temperature controlled humidor, which keeps my smokes at about 67-69 degrees no matter how hot it gets. Maybe something you could look into.

I've been lucky to store my humidor at the local cigar shop I work part time for. Don't have to worry about much now. ;)

ree

ree ree robusto said:
I've been lucky to store my humidor at the local cigar shop I work part time for. Don't have to worry about much now. ;)

ree
[snapback]190020[/snapback]​

Nice job ree ree

ree ree robusto said:

ree
[snapback]190020[/snapback]​

Ain't it grand?? :D