• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watch out! I'm off dial-up!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I installed a Hughesnet satellite internet system today. They say it has to be installed by a certified pro but I seemed to have figured it out. Still have some tweaking to do as it isn't anywhere near as fast as I though it would be but it is faster then what I had before.

Now that you're all broadbandaged up, may I be the first to say:

More boobies, less typing, newb! :p

Oh sheet!
We're in trouble now!
Bring on the boobage!

:thumbs:

-Rob

you almost got to 10K posts with dialup, it's gonna be scary now!

I am barely on Dial-up. Although I hear Broadband is just 100' away... Straight up via a tower.

Over the trees and 6 miles away to broadband paradise.

AVB would be proud of me. I just bought 3 Gurka Sticks/get one free at the local B&M after a tasting tonight. Had a free G3. Much better than the Vengence that was the first freebee.

I chose the free Gurkha G3 over the opportunity to have a free Acid.

Bought a Titan, G3, Master Select, and an Anchient Warrior.

I installed a Hughesnet satellite internet system today. They say it has to be installed by a certified pro but I seemed to have figured it out. Still have some tweaking to do as it isn't anywhere near as fast as I though it would be but it is faster then what I had before.

if you want you can check your speed and tweak it out @ dslreports.com. :cool:

Nice choices, I like the Master selects and always have some around.

For the rest of you...Rolling Stones: Let it Bleed, Side 2, last song.

I'm well familiar with dslreports. I couldn't have done the self install without picking their brains.

if you want you can check your speed and tweak it out @ dslreports.com. :cool:

What did you clock in at??

I'm @ 7.5 megs down and 350 up....I'm with comcast and about to switch to verizon. They offer 15 megs down and 3 megs up!!! ...same price !!!

I have the Home Pro version which is 1000KBS down and 250 up. Satellite won't be as fast as cable but it is the only choice I have since there is no cable or DSL out here in the boonies..

Congrats!

I have the system on my motor home, using it right now. Actually Direcway, Hughesnet bought them out. My dish alone was around $3,500 but that's because I have to stow and then search for the satellite every time we move.

My download is around 1 meg, upload around 120k. You may get better!
Yes, it's slower compared to my cable and DSL at home but hey, it works
just fine for me and you will be a happy camper moving up.

Brian

Thats awesome man. Congradulations. I remember when I finally upgraded from dial up. I can't go back now... ever.

Uh oh! Calling Rod...better plan on storage expansion for the server. Also, keep in mind that in a few weeks Bill will be done with all that political stuff. That combined with AVB on broadband...oh boy! :)

Congrats, AVB!

Just think of the load on the server if Wilkey also gets broadband.

Here I saw the title of this thread and thought maybe it was an old post from the late 90's or something! ;) Welcome to the high speed club!

Damned glad you were able to muddle through it. Welcome to broadband! Now, go take the cert and install these babies on the side :p

I don't think so. It took me two days and a pro does it in 2-3 hours.

Damned glad you were able to muddle through it. Welcome to broadband! Now, go take the cert and install these babies on the side :p