• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

weight watchers

My assistant does weight watchers.

I prefer to do the Biggest Loser eating routine, and the Mens Health online workout routine.

My wife works part time for them and is a life member. She lost over 50 pounds (long before I met her) and stays on it to keep the weight off. In her words, it is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

She was able to knock about 20 pounds off of me but I don't always stick to the program so I have put about ten back on. Still 10 ahead. If you choose your foods wisely, it's not bad at all and you don't go hungry.

Hope I don't sound like a commercial for them. :)

I've lost over 20 lbs on the Core program. I agree that you must view it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Congrats to you guys who have had success on it.

Are you doing the point system or the other one. I have done the points with my wife and had decent results only to become a fat a$$ again. More than anything it is a change of life style. Everyone always says eat less exercise more, who knew that worked.

I lost 37 on Weight watchers. I really enjoy the program as it doesn't limit what I eat, just knowing how it has consequences for the rest of the day does it for me. I am actually going back on full time since I just got off vacation, and we all know how that works out!!!

Don

I have watched my weight go UP the last few weeks since my mom came back down to help me after my surgeries.... Gunna need to come up some kind of diet when I get back on my feet and she is back in NY.

When I was working at a major hospital back in the late '80's, one of the nurses talked me into joining a work-place Weight Watchers group since they needed 30 people to make it a "go" and they needed just ONE more person. When I walked into the room for the first meeting, it was just me and 29 fat women! Well, it seems that men lose weight faster than women so by the end of the first month when I had shed 20 pounds and some of them and not only failed to lose..they had actually gained...I became a hated person!

I loved it! :laugh:

I use NutraSystem... just finished my first month and I am down 20 pounds. Reasonable price and the food is good. Its worth trying. If anyone wants to know more about it let me know. :thumbs:

When I was working at a major hospital back in the late '80's, one of the nurses talked me into joining a work-place Weight Watchers group since they needed 30 people to make it a "go" and they needed just ONE more person. When I walked into the room for the first meeting, it was just me and 29 fat women! Well, it seems that men lose weight faster than women so by the end of the first month when I had shed 20 pounds and some of them and not only failed to lose..they had actually gained...I became a hated person!

I loved it! :laugh:

Same problem with my wife, also we as a station entered a fitness challenge nationwide and made some side bets with other stations. I am and have always been a bigger guy, so it always seems the first week of a diet, be it weight watchers or south beach, I drop like 10 pounds the first week and then another 5-10 the second. From there on out it depends on the amount of cardio compared to strength training, but is usually 2-5 a week.

I did really well on low-carb, but my body tends to respond well to increasing the tempo of activity (so much so that I had a lot of trouble keeping on weight as a college football lineman).

Best advice to keeping weight off is to weigh yourself frequently, every day, and use that information to adapt your diet, EVERY DAY. It's easy to slip by 100 calories in a day, but be off by 100 calories for a week and you've eaten the equivalent of a pint of good full-fat ice cream. Catching it early makes it much easier and you're not retracing the same steps again and again.

I actually find that the recording process helps with self-discipline. If you have a PDA or smartphone, there are good programs for that.

Are you doing the point system or the other one. I have done the points with my wife and had decent results only to become a fat a$$ again. More than anything it is a change of life style. Everyone always says eat less exercise more, who knew that worked.

I use the flex plan, I had beer and Pizza last night, never mind the fact i worked out for an hour!!!

I started to use the Tony Horton 10 min workout 2 weeks ago and I have lost 10lbs!!! It is a great workout for people who want to get a fast workout in.. The program comes with a meal plan and all of the bands.. you should look into it, I have worked out with a lot of programs and this is the best one! Good luck!

Related topic - has anyone ever tried crossfit? I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I'm nearly enough of a hardass (when someone's not riding me, at least) to keep with it. Opinions?