• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well, Spring Training is Upon Us...

NASTY said:
http://youtu.be/2H3lWEF0ScA

How about that take down?

Still living in the past I see LOS...sad to see that your baseball time can't be better spent rooting for your hapless, beleaguered, woeful, cursed, miserable, disastrous, deplorable, chronically unsuccessful NY Mets instead of putting down the 27 time World Series Champion New York Yankees. Maybe you should consider switching over your baseball allegiance to the best baseball team in America;s history.

Here's a few reasons to consider...

1)Number of years in playoffs: 51
2) Number of years winning World Series: 27
3) Number of Hall of Fame players: 18
4) Net worth: Estimated at over 2.4 billion (#1 in the world of baseball)

Something else to consider. You never have to live with 10 to 20 years of disappointment if you're a Yankee fan, they're in the mix almost EVERY year. The Yankees have been involved in the postseason over 40 percent of the time since 1903 and have won 25 percent of all of the World Series played. 

So you see LOS, as apposed to the Mets, who are hardly EVER involved in a pennant race...let alone the PLAYOFFS  :laugh:...as a Yankees fan, you will actually have something to be proud instead of blowing steam off by criticizing everyone else's baseball team.

Just look in the dictionary LOS, it seems the word was made just for you.  :whistling:

jeal·ous

[jel-uh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
s]  

adjective
feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantage (often followed by of  ): He was jealous of Derek Jeter of the NY Yankees because no player on the Mets was ever so good.

feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of  ): As a Met fan, he was jealous of the Yankees many years of constant success. 

characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage;
His jealous rage was fueled by the Yankee's success on the field, especially when they beat the Mets.

inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: His years of being jealous of the Yankees have destroyed his faith in the NY Mets.

solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: While rooting for the Mets, he harbored a jealous resentment towards the NY Yankees.

NASTY said:
How about that take down this horrendous St. Patrick's Day hat? 

Bro...only the Mets could come up with a logo'd hat that will give small children nightmares!  :laugh:

MetsHat_zps29c05ce9.jpg

tomthirtysix said:

Bro...only the Mets could come up with a logo'd hat that will give small children nightmares!  :laugh:

Better a logo than an outfielder giving them nightmares.

Yeah, good point Tom. I won't bring up Gooden or Strawberry, that would be as stupid as someone bringing up the PAST to make a point in the PRESENT.

ironpeddler said:

Yeah, good point Tom. I won't bring up Gooden or Strawberry, that would be as stupid as someone bringing up the PAST to make a point in the PRESENT.

You can't really bring up Gooden and Straw when you've got Steve Howe on your résumé. And yeah, the Wilpons may be dumb, but they're hardly vindictive toward their former players, and I'm pretty sure they're not felons.

You NY guys should stop bitching. It could be worse, you could be Cubs fans.

tomthirtysix said:

You can't really bring up Gooden and Straw when you've got Steve Howe on your résumé. And yeah, the Wilpons may be dumb, but they're hardly vindictive toward their former players, and I'm pretty sure they're not felons.

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. You angry Mets fans are a nasty bunch. The team is so bad that a goid number of their fans direct their energies towards hammering other fans. What a sorry bunch.

OK, you win Tom. Enjoy last place.

Gary my godfather is a season Red Sox ticket holder and was born and raised in the Bronx as I was. He hated his father so much that he became a Red Sox fan just to spite him.

I don't know whats up with Los hating the Yankees. Tom I can see as he's from Long Island and they are usually Jet/Mets fans. 

Not a fan of Ellsbury on the Yankees.  He should have been a Redsox forever.  I think he is a game changer.  Oh well.

WTF? I always pick the wrong fugging game. Had four tickets to Friday nights game. I took my wife and invited two of my buddies from the Bronx that drove up to Fenway for the game. My wife was all excited thinking she'll get a picture somehow with Jeter. Our seats were near the Yankees on deck circle and we even got there at 5:45 for a 7:10 game. 

Well, Jeter didn't play - really Jeter - REALLY... Last three games and you can't play. What saving him for the playoffs? World Series? - not this year. I have never seen some many Yankee fans at Fenway Park too. Quite a few times during the game even Red Sox fans were shouting D-e-r-e-c-k...J-e-t-e-r. Didn't come out of the dugout (yeah I know it's not his stadium ) or come out to at least pinch hit. The best part is that they had their freaking farm team out and didn't we didn't recognize any one. Talk about being screwed! Hey at least we partied after. :p

Rant off.

Here is the only picture I got of the SOB!

IMG_4002_zpsc13916e3.jpg

That sucks!  I can't believe that!  I would be so pissed, 3 games left and you can't play?!  WHY!  I wouldn't even had stayed!

modo22 said:
That sucks!  I can't believe that!  I would be so pissed, 3 games left and you can't play?!  WHY!  I wouldn't even had stayed!

Buddies came up from NY and they have never been to Fenway so pictures, etc for them. If my wife and I only - absolutely would've left.

He said that he was done after Thursday in the bronx. I had a feeling that was going to happen. He finished his career off with a walkout single at home...