• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well, the time has come....

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
6 months ago my wife was diagnosed with a Pituitary Macroadenoma, for lack of a better term: a brain tumor.

While these tumors which reside in the sella turcica, a small bony cavity at the base of the brain in the center of the skull, are usually always non-cancerous, they do present problems such as loss of vision and in my wife's case, extreme migraines. The white blob in the center of the head in this picture shows where the tumor is located (this is not my wife's pic)
endo07.jpg

We have been to doctor after doctor since May to get this squared away and finally we got word today that she will be undergoing surgery to remove the tumor on Monday, November 9th at U.C.L.A. Medical Center which has one of the finest Pituitary Tumor/Neurosurgery clinics in the country.

She will check in on Sunday morning for all her pre-op testing and at 11:00am Monday they will do a Transsphenoidal procedure to remove as much of the tumor as possible. Transsphenoidal simply means that they go through the nose to reach the tumor, make a small incision in the back of the sinus, drill a hole in the bone and using a camera and very small tool, slice and dice. Obviously, this is much better than cutting open the skull.

She is nervous but ready to get this over with, as am I.

Anyways, if you'd keep her in your thoughts and prayers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DR

Give her my best wishes bud. I'll Keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Everything will turn out fine, so get that celebration smoke ready for the happy news ok? :thumbs:

Keep us posted.

Does sound a lot better than cutting the skull open. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Thank God for doctors, eh? Best of luck to the both of you! :thumbs:

You and your wife are in my thoughts! Keep positive and you two will be back to normal in no time!

She's in good hands. Thoughts are with both of you.

It appears you and I are brothers of the ordeal this week. The folks are right when they say thank god for the good doc's. The waiting is what's hard for both of you, and you will definitely make the top of the prayer chart tonight.

Please let us know the good news when all is said and done.

Danny, I will most definitely keep your wife, and you, close to my heart.

Sending you and your wife my best thoughts. Thank goodness for modern technology, best of luck.

Wishing her the best! It's amazing the precision these Surgeons have. She'll do great.

Thoughts and prayers sent to you and the wife, I hope it all ends up well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Dan, I will keep you in mind during this time. My father went through something similar, so I have some understanding of what your family is going through right now. Best luck and wishes.

Cheers,
Chris

Thoughts, prayers, and good vibes coming your way!

My best to both of you. My grandmother had a similar tumor removed and came through it. I hope the same in your case!