• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Went to a wine bar for the 1st time in Gilbert, AZ

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
So me and the old man have been talking about going to this wine bar that is in the same complex as a cigar bar we recently visited. On a whim, we went down there tonight and had 2 glasses of vino, and ordered a cheese sampler to accompany. The whole time I'm thinking were gonna be in and out in 15 minutes and off to smoke the cigars I'd brought. Almost 2 hours later we left.

We had things with our wine that I never would have thought to pair with wine that was outstanding. Besides the 4 types of cheese and crackers we had, we had things like unsalted almonds and cashews, dried sweetened cranberries, fresh apricot and fresh fig...amongst a few other things. The wine was Conn Creek Cabernet and Wente Cabernet. Both great but the Conn Creek was frigging fantastic! The whole experience left us neither hungry nor stuffed, yet relaxed and beyond satisfied with the wide array of flavors and sensory stimuli. Well worth it. Had to share. (P.S. We chased it with a nice Graycliff Professionale.)

So me and the old man have been talking about going to this wine bar...
We had things with our wine that I never would have thought to pair with wine that was outstanding.

You know what? First, it is very cool to always find some new things to do with your father. That makes me very happy for you!
Second, I can really get into a cool little wine bar and enjoy all the little tidbits that pair very nicely with a good Pinot or Cab.

Good on ya!

C&G... is now reminded that a trip to my wine bar is long over due!

Sounds like a fun evening. I'm not much of a wine drinker but you made it sound like a wonderful experience.

Discovering and exploring the world of wine and food pairing can be quite the enjoyable experience. I remember in a wine & food pairing class making a onion and watercress salad and thinking there was no way that a wine was going to pair with this salad, I was ready to put money on it. Well when I tried it with a very crisp Sauvignon Blanc I couldn't believe what I was tasting, no onion, no watercress but huge tropical fruit, mango, pineapple. It was incredible and probably one of the best pairings I have ever had.

Sounds like you had a great time :thumbs:

:cool:

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Thanks for sharing. :thumbs: