• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a crappy day...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
I just found out my best friend passed away last night. They found him today and it seems like he went in his sleep. He had been going in about his heart due to what he thought was the flu and they started to think it was Parvo. He had moved some dead dogs from his shed and he hasn't had his house a year. Whatever it was, this took place in 2007/2008 and its been a constant battle this year. We had made plans to attend the Carlito Event this last weekend but he was in the hospital for some shock treatment.

So we had made plans to hang out this weekend and I got the call today informing me of the horrible news. He had been on here but never really was active. At least OpusXKC will know who I am talking about and after I find a picture of us hanging out, I will post it here. Talk about having a bomb shell dropped on you as I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he seemed to be doing fine. What a shitty day!!! :(

Oct 29, 1978 - Apr 29, 2009

Condolences, Loren.

We all have only a few really good friends, and losing any one of them hurts a lot.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Really sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Thanks all...its been a pretty rough day for me. Some may have seen him on campus at NWMSU as he managed to Graduate there in Horticulture. He did what he loved and lived life to the fullest. Anyone that met him, he left a lasting impression on you. As he was the type of person that would have pulled his shirt off his back if you really needed one.

We met my first week at University of Nebraska at Lincoln in August 1998 and the friendship took off from there. He talked me into heading to NWMSU in Jan 2001 and I never managed to finish it with how my back is. But he kept seeing me constantly trying to finish. I remember the first time I went out of the country and he was with me in Dec 2000 and came back in Jan 2001. A little trip to Dublin, Ireland where we partied like it was 1999. I went to the UK in July/Aug 2002. The next trip we went on was in Dec 2003 to Edinburgh, Scotland and then a full day in London, England. Which we finished our trip in Amsterdam, Holland. I played the tour guide till we got to Holland which was the first time I'd been there.

He wanted me to go on another trip with him and this time it was going to be Costa Rica. I wished he could have participated more on CP. But he always worked and never really had time. He did some of the craziest things you could imagine. He always said the Man couldn't touch him. Its a reference to the Government and Law Enforcement. The stories I could tell you all would literally make you laugh and wonder how in the hell he was never busted doing some of the stuff he did. Nothing to major. I will tell one story about him.

This screw ball liked Mary J and he had this One hit wonder as I called it. He had some Mary J in his pocket and took a hit before he got on a plane and carried this all the way from Portland, Oregon to Omaha, Nebraska. Then he drove down to good ole Maryville, Missouri to hang out with me and OpusXKC. He never got caught and talk about pushing your luck. But this was his style. Always happy and nothing could keep him down.

He was always there when I needed help. The time he drove me down to the VA Hospital in Leavenworth, KS as it was the closest medical hospital for the VA. I thought I was going to die and could have too. But I got lucky and 4 months after the ER trip, I was in Surgery once again. A week later we did our 2nd trip to the UK and Holland. Then after like 3 weeks when we got back, I went in for a Upper GI. I was told I had Cancer and had 5 years to live. I figured this crazy bastard would out live me and this isn't the case.

We both had a zest for life. Whatever we did, we wanted the best of the best that we could afford. I have no idea what cigar I will put in his coffin, but its going to be a good one. We always joked about doing that throughout the years and by hell, its going to happen. I'll probably toss in a Padron Anni and a Opus X as he loved both of them.

Anyways...thanks all for the condolences. I really miss my hippie friend. I sure hope you are in Heaven with a good glass of Scotch and a cigar in hand my friend. I'll never forget you.

Loren, my heart breaks for you brother. You've gone through so much, and now this. I'm sure he knew that you loved him like a brother, and if he had to go...at least it was in his sleep. Find comfort in the fact that all of CP will mourn him.

Another BOTL gone way too soon :(.

REST IN PEACE BOTL.

Sorry to hear about Slummy. I remember you talking about him. I never met him, but he sounded like a good guy and a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear your news. We will keep you in our prayers and Slumlord in our thought.
RIP Brother.

Sorry to hear that Loren. I remember you talking to me about him at Carlito.