• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a day!

gandolf565

CP Wizard. Watch as I make this cigar disappear!
Last night I prepared two pork shoulders (boston butts to some of you).

One I brined in salt and molasses over night, and this morning put on a rub consisting of ground cumin, corriander, onion powder, chili powder, and fennel seeds.

The other I smeared with plain old yeller mustard followed by a rub consisting of paprika, cumin, garlic and onion powders, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. I wrapped it up all nice and let it set in the fridge overnight.

This morning I wake up early, make some Doi Chang Peaberry coffee (Thanks Mr. Jerry! you guys MUST try some of this stuff!) light a certain coronita (thanks Mr. Peat!) and get the smoker going.

It is going to be a long day that I fear will leave me dehydrated. My saliva glands are working overtime already!

Your thread title says it all for me. This hobby seems to promote an overall appreciation for the simple pleasures of life. Enjoy your day! :thumbs:

Allen,

That is the kind of day dreams and memories are made of. :D

* thinking of a roasted pork shoulder, lechon-style * Yum!

Wilkey

Sounds GREAT and ENJOY! You've inspired me! I cooked up some shrimp and pasta with some freash Thai Basil from the garden and now I'm headed for the patio for something strong now that I've finished the garlic & basil shrimp. I'll edit for selection later.....

When are you sending out samples?

Bourbon BBQ chicken tonight for moi, not too shabby either.