• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a dumb way to die

redraider

Whoa Thats Cold
Big Rig Driver Dies While Trying To Crash
Police: Men Were Trying To Collect Insurance Money
POSTED: Tuesday, July 6, 2010
UPDATED: 12:10 pm CDT July 6, 2010
HOUSTON -- A man was killed while trying to intentionally crash a big rig to collect insurance money, police told KPRC Local 2.

Houston police said two men were involved in the plot. One man drove the big rig and another followed in an SUV, officials said.
The big rig driver tried to crash it into a pillar on the Eastex Freeway feeder road near Cavalcade Street at about 2 a.m. Tuesday, investigators said. The driver hit his head on the pavement and was killed as he jumped out, officials said.
The driver's friend in the SUV initially told police that he saw the driver fall out of the big rig.
Detectives said the man driving the SUV was originally supposed to be the person driving the big rig, but he got scared and the other man agreed to drive.
The deceased driver's name has not been released. Police said he was 26.
Police said the death has been ruled accidental.

Copyright 2010 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Yep... Give this person a Darwin Award :thumbs:.

Yep, there is one born (and died ) every minute.

I want to die like my old mate Jed...., In his sleep. (not screaming, like the passengers in his car) :laugh:

It's about time stupid started doing more damage. Too bad he didn't live to see his ignorance.

I'd rather go like this than in some senseless tragedy. From my good friend and life guru, Truman: "I'd rather burn in at 200 mph and have some laughs than to eat it in a car accident. I mean, that's a really dumb way to go."

+1 for a Darwin Award... ... hope he was outta the gene pool before he procreated!