• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a way to bring in the new year

Carps

So I was on my way back from NYC where I celebrated new years eve with the gf and friends yesterday. I decided to take the bus, which I never do because I wanted to be back in philly before my dad and bro got in from buffalo. The damn bus driver was listening to his gps for 30th st station, which was giving him wrong directions and unbeknownst to me that he had no idea where he was going. Long story short we started heading outside philly when I figured out what was going on and then stayed up front to guide the driver back. My dad and bro pick me up by the station at which point they have been sitting in the car outside my apartment for a half hour. We get back to my place and I throw a 12 of founders breakfest stout in the fridge because it's my dads favorite. We then moved some stuff to the curb because I'm moving this weekend and by the time we finished the beers were cold, so we finished them off and talked about our weekend plans. We started to get hungry around 8 and I decided to take them to monks cafe; the bar is the best beer bar in the city IMO. It just so happened that monks new years day special was a stout event with 21 on tap including founders breakfest stout, which is better in the keg this year. My bro and I had a great bonding experience with our dad just listening to him talk about his early days and why he made sure he was always there to support us. After a great meal of burgers and FB stouts we headed back to my place for some smokes. I decided on a 80's monte A that was great until the final third. My dad had a monte 4, which are his favorite and an anejo from 07. My bro started with a RJ Cedro #2 followed by a 98 hoyo du maire. A few more FB stouts were consumed along with some Havana club 7. We called it quits after that.

What a night.

Yes Anthony, we will be going to tony lukes.

David, it definitely sounds like you had a great day with your brother and dad. There's nuthin' better than smokin' great cigars with family and enjoying your favorite beverages as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I'm hoping when kids get older, I'll be able to enjoy times like this with them.

There's nothing better than starting the New Year with some good smokes and family.

Art

I'm hoping when kids get older, I'll be able to enjoy times like this with them.

I know my dad loves that I moved out of buffalo so he can visit and experience new things. He seems to be having as much fun if not more now when we are older as he did when my siblings and I were little.

Well did you go to Tony Lukes?

I wish my Dad was still with me, I miss that the most. My son and I hang out as much as we can and that is the best part of our relationship. Enjoy him and your siblings as much as you can!

I wish my Dad was still with me, I miss that the most. My son and I hang out as much as we can and that is the best part of our relationship. Enjoy him and your siblings as much as you can!

We plan on going tomorrow for lunch. I will never eat a cheese steak from anywhere else after having the steak Italian.

We plan on going tomorrow for lunch. I will never eat a cheese steak from anywhere else after having the steak Italian.

Kinda spoils you for everything else doesn't it? :laugh:

That it does my friend. Next time Gary is in town we'll take him there and spoil him also. :)

Sounds like a blast bro!

Let me know when you are down for some NYC herfing!

-Rob

Ugh... if you guys only knew... :whistling:

What a great story though... glad you were able to spend this time with your bro and dad. I wish I had experiences like that.

And I agree about Monks... great place.