• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What an experience!

bombtek

I really REALLY wanted this to be a good cigar smoking eperience.

Cigar has beautifulappearance, lookis like ya could take a bit out of it...well constructed (so I thought)....aroma is very pleasant....prelight draw is tasty...

Then I lit it.

1st draw very easy huge mouthful of tasty smoke...nutty...minimal spce....somewhat mild.....very pleasant

2nd draw easy again...almost too easy....hmmm the volume of smoke is significantly less...lemmee look at the foot...still burning nicely...

3rd draw....almost no smoke....try again....same results...draw heavily I guess....the draw was like sucking through a clear straw...nothing there...but why is the tip of my finger so hot?!?!?!

DAMMIT!!! The hot spot from HELL just took over the perfecto!!!

This thing was nearly dead center of the cigar

By the time it burned through the wrapper, it wasabout 2 inches from the burning foot, and only an inch and a half from the head, leaving this weird patch of unburned cigar between the hot spot and the foot...this wasn't a hot spot, it was more like the mouth of a volcano that was ready to erupt but hasn't got there yet. The spot underneath the ...we'll call it a hole now...it is not a hot spot anymore...is becoming warm now, threatening to burn through. Let's not forget that this is a 62 ring gauge cigar at the thickest point. If it burns through, it will basically cut my treasured perfecto, which I have been reluctantly saving for 8 months, in half!!

I gave in to the bruning hell hole that had taken over my cigar and let it run it's course. The cigar was dead.

At it's biggest point, the hot spot was nearly an inch big around and finally burned through to the other side.

I don't know if this was rolled on a late Friday afternoon at the factory, or if the roller was having a good laugh as they put it up for the aging process...I'll never know.

I won't write the Legend Aniversario Perfecto off....I KNOW it's a good cigar and I REALLY want to smoke one...I just got a dud...I will just buy another and hope for the best.

Sometimes you win ....sometimes ya lose....Today I didn't win.

Sounds pretty disappointing. I hope it was just that one that was bad. Could that cigar have been mishandled in your humidor?

I really REALLY wanted this to be a good cigar smoking eperience.

Cigar has beautifulappearance, lookis like ya could take a bit out of it...well constructed (so I thought)....aroma is very pleasant....prelight draw is tasty...

Then I lit it.

1st draw very easy huge mouthful of tasty smoke...nutty...minimal spce....somewhat mild.....very pleasant

2nd draw easy again...almost too easy....hmmm the volume of smoke is significantly less...lemmee look at the foot...still burning nicely...

3rd draw....almost no smoke....try again....same results...draw heavily I guess....the draw was like sucking through a clear straw...nothing there...but why is the tip of my finger so hot?!?!?!

DAMMIT!!! The hot spot from HELL just took over the perfecto!!!

This thing was nearly dead center of the cigar

By the time it burned through the wrapper, it wasabout 2 inches from the burning foot, and only an inch and a half from the head, leaving this weird patch of unburned cigar between the hot spot and the foot...this wasn't a hot spot, it was more like the mouth of a volcano that was ready to erupt but hasn't got there yet. The spot underneath the ...we'll call it a hole now...it is not a hot spot anymore...is becoming warm now, threatening to burn through. Let's not forget that this is a 62 ring gauge cigar at the thickest point. If it burns through, it will basically cut my treasured perfecto, which I have been reluctantly saving for 8 months, in half!!

I gave in to the bruning hell hole that had taken over my cigar and let it run it's course. The cigar was dead.

At it's biggest point, the hot spot was nearly an inch big around and finally burned through to the other side.

I don't know if this was rolled on a late Friday afternoon at the factory, or if the roller was having a good laugh as they put it up for the aging process...I'll never know.

I won't write the Legend Aniversario Perfecto off....I KNOW it's a good cigar and I REALLY want to smoke one...I just got a dud...I will just buy another and hope for the best.

Sometimes you win ....sometimes ya lose....Today I didn't win.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Yep, get another one. I am going to try again with the Ashton VSG. I think I got a dud on my experience and I am going to try it again and see what happens.

:thumbs: for your next time!

My first Legend Perfecto experience was very similar. Mine basically imploded and it burnt down the middle but not the outsides. I had to do a whole pocket knife shaving ordeal to get it back, but it continued down the same path after a few mins.

My last two have been great though.

Sounds like it was exposed to high humidiy for a time. The outside was wet and the inside dry. Just guessing though.

Sounds pretty disappointing. I hope it was just that one that was bad. Could that cigar have been mishandled in your humidor?
Nope not at all. I have been regularly chcking the analog hygrometer now for quite some time. As of a few weeks ago, I performed the salt test and it recorded a 68% humidity without performing any adjustments to it. It has been so it is within the 5-7% range that I can live with happily. Other than taking the cigar out to look at it and wonder when I will ever get around to smoking it, that cigar has led a very tranquil and quiet life ever since I took posession of it about 8 months back. The only way it could have gotten more peaceful for the cigar is if I had piped into the humidor the sounds of gentle ocean waves lapping at the sands of a Cuban beach with off in the distance calls of tropical birds. :p

The only way it could have gotten more peaceful for the cigar is if I had piped into the humidor the sounds of gentle ocean waves lapping at the sands of a Cuban beach with off in the distance calls of tropical birds. :p

LOL!

I have heard of the perfectos going a little crazy (though not THIS bad) if they are smoked very fast. I've never had it happen to me, though.
Might you have been over-puffing in excitement?

Yeah I guess I could have. I am a fast smoker, but this was within the first ten draws on the cigar that the real problems started to develop. Judging by the size of the gaping hole that was visible once the edges burnt away, there was no saving this cigar.

Umm, I have no idea about Ghurkas, but damn AVB, that pic in your signature is smoking! :love:

Hmmmm. Mine have all been "perfecto". Definitely don't write them off, they are a really good cigar. Mine have all burned very well given the somewhat distorted shape in the middle.

Nah no worries about me not havin' another go at one. I got back from my local B&M about two hours ago .... lo and behold what do I see for the first time ever in that store? A whole bunch of Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfectos stacked up to make a huge pyramid. I don't have any idea how many were in there, but it is now two short> (Good thing I didn't grab the cornerstone ones or I woulda left a mess of perfectos on the floor and not gone back in that store again LOL). So now I got two more sleeping soundly in the humi. Did I pay too much....you bet I did....my wallet was 25 bux and change lighter once I left, but I gotta try one out that I can actually smoke. I got the second one as a backup LOL.

You gotta check Cbid more often, I've snagged them at $5 each and no more then $8.

You gotta check Cbid more often,

Nice, might as well follow it up with "oh, and try crack...it's fun, and as easy on the wallet as it is on the family life!"

JK, of course, with some patience, discipline and self control (which is in such abundance here!), cbid can be a great tool.

Great review! I have only gone through six of these perfectos, but they have to be my favorite in the whole line. I haven't had any of the issues you listed, but like most perfectos I've smoked, they always have a tendency to tunnel a bit after they reach the 2/3 point.

I bought a fiver of these from Cbid for $28 a while back. I liked them and they are fun to give away (I like the look of them)...plus I feel E. G. Robinson when I smoke them...not the real guy, the EGR-like character from the Bugs Bunny cartoons... :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, I tried to buy another fiver, but got outbid twice. Suddenly, they were going for high $30's and even low $40's for 5. Geesh!

I waited and kept my bids capped. I just won another fiver for $25!