• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Are Some Good Affordable Cigars?

Jeez, some of these newbs need to shad up and just move on. I can't agree with the FOGs that have posted in here more. I am so tired of seeing the same threads started by these newbs. There are 5,000,000 (just a number that popped into my head) cigar brands out there and probably half of those are "inexpensive" while another half of those are "crap". Do a damn search, or better yet...go to a damn internet retailer, search for a brand that seems to peak your interest and then do a search in here. THEN if you cannot find a review, ASK. Not very difficult.

Ah well. Thanks to the FOGs for weeding out the idiots.

Ouch you guys are brutal...How about answering the noobs question or explaining the search function politely.
Here's a visual aid:

UseSearch.gif

....think it'll help?

I think a potential cause of this issue may be something that lead to my asshatery in the beginning. I am not a web geek but did occasionally post on some "special interest" forums such as NFL team forums or a particular car lover forum. It is common practice on these forums to run your trap and be as ignorant as you want and it's contagious! It's different here.

I still have to be careful when jumping on CP from another forum where discussion is aggressive and belligerent. It's like being in a heated discussion with an ignorant football fan and then immediately talking to your mom.......a deep breath is always wise.

I think a potential cause of this issue may be something that lead to my asshatery in the beginning. I am not a web geek but did occasionally post on some "special interest" forums such as NFL team forums or a particular car lover forum. It is common practice on these forums to run your trap and be as ignorant as you want and it's contagious! It's different here.

I still have to be careful when jumping on CP from another forum where discussion is aggressive and belligerent. It's like being in a heated discussion with an ignorant football fan and then immediately talking to your mom.......a deep breath is always wise.

Precisely why it should be perserved as such. :D

This is a great thread, and I think some of you guys are right about it weeding out the asshats...

Take at look at my member number, when I started here I swear this board moved faster that it does now with three time the membership. The new guys are just triing to draw from your knowledge. Take a moment to answer or just move on, but do some of you need to be so fresh? If it is just tounge in cheek humor, it cannot be read in your posts...JMHO...anyhow I'll catch you guys at the Quad-State Herf and we will smoke our best! Good luck brothers.

This is a great thread, and I think some of you guys are right about it weeding out the asshats...
Just curious, what happened to change your mind in 3 days.?

Doc.

Take at look at my member number, when I started here I swear this board moved faster that it does now with three time the membership. The new guys are just triing to draw from your knowledge. Take a moment to answer or just move on, but do some of you need to be so fresh? If it is just tounge in cheek humor, it cannot be read in your posts...JMHO...anyhow I'll catch you guys at the Quad-State Herf and we will smoke our best! Good luck brothers.

Just curious, what happened to change your mind in 3 days.?

Doc.
LMAO.

He realized that he is ugly but we good looking folk accept you for what you are, provided you don't ask stupid questions. :laugh:

Brian

...see what I mean about not being able to understand what people REALLY mean when writing junk on a computor...don't get me wrong guys, I'm not trying to be a trouble maker, I think this is a great site, and abolutely has the finest bunch of herfers I've ever met...just some of you guys can be a little harsh on the new dudes and then you scare them away.

I think that it's a matter of having one set of standards for everyone. There's no slack cut for anyone, and with the sheer volume of good-faith trades, sales, and passes that take place on the site, rightfully so.

............. newbs need to shad up and just move on. .............
Ah well. Thanks to the FOGs for weeding out the idiots.

I've been wondering for days if I am too old to get this phrase, what does it mean?

...see what I mean about not being able to understand what people REALLY mean when writing junk on a computor...don't get me wrong guys, I'm not trying to be a trouble maker, I think this is a great site, and abolutely has the finest bunch of herfers I've ever met...just some of you guys can be a little harsh on the new dudes and then you scare them away.
Some of you guys? Not trying to be a trouble maker? Lighten up Mr Hyde or is it Dr Jeckyl today? :laugh: Say something nice without a few words to negate it in the same sentence.

Brian

180sx,

Some one on one of the forums pointed me in the direction of some web sites that had some pretty good samplers for good prices. Factory direct Cigars is one that looked like they had some pretty good brands in their samplers for a good price. Might be something to check out...

Yeah, I'm pretty new here and damn can't these boneheads figure out how to behave. It's really not that freakin' hard!!! Treat others how you want to be treated and move along. When someone steps out of line you tell 'em so and move on. It's not our problem if they take offense to it, it's THERE'S!

Yeah, I'm pretty new here and damn can't these boneheads figure out how to behave. It's really not that freakin' hard!!! Treat others how you want to be treated and move along. When someone steps out of line you tell 'em so and move on. It's not our problem if they take offense to it, it's THERE'S!
Yup, treat others how YOU would like to be treated...every asshat here was a new guy at one time, and we are ALL guys, so we are ALL asshats, just ask our wives and girlfriends...

I have never subsitituted price for goodness, personally I would be sellign myself short, but I can recommend a good cigar that is not expensive I dont think ,, La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especiale. Don Pepin makes it for Ashton,,it has a old time Cuban flavor that you wont find in any other cigars nowadays, if you had smoked a cuban in the 70's and it wa a good cuban then you will like this cigar. Before the 80's when cubans went downhill, adn there really wasnt much of manufacuteres liek there are today outside of cuba producing even better cigars.

Wow... In my short here, I am already seeing recurring themes in newbie posts. I am really starting to appreciate the read more, post less mantra.
Actually, I've always thought it should be, "search more and you won't need to post so damn much".

Doc.

How about there is no dumb questions unless it is one you did not search for first rp
Sometimes you guys are pretty rude. If you don't want to help a fellow smoker out just so...don't be an ass!!!!