• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are your hobbies?

In my youth, the technology in RC cars was primitive by today's standards. I'm still used to approximately 15 minute run times for the average electric buggy. I bought a new car (retro lowrider pickup from Horizon) and with the new gear, after about 30 minutes of doing circles I was kinda bored.

Love the new stuff out there but bummer that most seem to be RTR. Assembling the old kits from Tamiya, Kyosho, et al was half the fun.
Have you seen the prices on some of those NOS kits ?

Kinda wish I still had my rc stuff , but sold to a kids grandfather.

Have you seen the prices on some of those NOS kits ?

Kinda wish I still had my rc stuff , but sold to a kids grandfather.
Prices seem to range from affordable to downright luxurious for most of the kits I've seen. Funny, when I was younger I couldn't afford much because I didn't have a job. Now I'm older and still can't afford much because of bills, haha.

I still have a couple Tamiya cars and gear from years back. But all the rest of 'em from my childhood...yeah, sold off decades ago.

Bourbon and Scotch, photography, hiking, traveling, and most importantly, vherfing with the crew on Wednesday and Saturday nights for the last year and a half. (A hundred pounds ago I loved playing volleyball and riding a bicycle ((once I rode from Milwaukee to Portland ME))}.​
Here are a bunch of my favorite images if anyone cares to look.​

I’d like to learn to brew beer. I make kombucha regularly now, but that’s pretty easy.
I use to Homebrew all the time. Made a dry hopped pils for my wedding 3 years ago and had a bottle logic IPA and Fundamental Observation on tap too. Made a pale ale for another buddies wedding and made 4 different beers 2 kegs of each Pumpkin ale, brown ale, Oakes pale and an IPA for my other buddies wedding. Made lots of beers over the years but its a lot of work and mostly cleaning and sanitizing

Bourbon and Scotch, photography, hiking, traveling, and most importantly, vherfing with the crew on Wednesday and Saturday nights for the last year and a half. (A hundred pounds ago I loved playing volleyball and riding a bicycle ((once I rode from Milwaukee to Portland ME))}.​
Joe, those are amazing! There are a couple that I really like and we may talk about them.

Keep working at the new plan. Pretty soon you'll be saying "...a hundred pounds ago, I used to sit and dream about biking again". You'll be doing it. Keep the faith, man!

Floyd T

Joe gifted me couple of his pictures and I can atest to the beauty he captures with his camera. He's a true artist!

In my youth, the technology in RC cars was primitive by today's standards. I'm still used to approximately 15 minute run times for the average electric buggy. I bought a new car (retro lowrider pickup from Horizon) and with the new gear, after about 30 minutes of doing circles I was kinda bored.

Love the new stuff out there but bummer that most seem to be RTR. Assembling the old kits from Tamiya, Kyosho, et al was half the fun.
Yes it was. I almost miss it but I worked at a hobby store for a couple years when I was younger (Joes Hobby’s, for the Michigan folk) and I built things almost daily. We actually had cool owners/managers that allowed us to order all the trick hop up and racing parts, so occasionally I would build cars out of entirely hop up parts.

I was out of the hobby for a looooong time. Then a friend of mine (also a racer) called me out of the blue to come watch a race. And I was in love with it again…the new cars and technology was too much for me not to race, so I bought a old buggy from him and raced that a couple years. Then I bought another from a racer, and I had amassed enough spare parts to almost build a 3rd. Then COVID hit and I cleaned it all up, sold everything but the battery’s and the charger…and bought all new, first a 2wd buggy and then a 4wd one, then the latest most expensive controller I’d ever layed my eyes on. Lol.

I’ll take some pics for you guys soon. Got to clean them up for the next season anyway I’ve just been putting it off. I need to get some new body’s painted, as mine are beat to hell (I don’t have the hand eye coordination I used to). I got a guy in Florida that does it for me, he paints a lot for the big time racers, and some of his stuff makes it onto the kit boxes.

The rtr is fun for outside bashing, and most are still repairable, even the older ones. Usually don’t see many on the track unless they are just bashing there. The ones that try to race either get really disappointed and never come back or up the game and get something to race with. It just irritates me that after a few weeks, and a little help (usually from me) they end up kicking my ass lol. But I get stuck in setups because I can’t practice enough. I could go on and on, and I think I already have. It’s fun. Just not cheap.

Very cool! Didn’t have that great a night but it was fun and I didn’t break the cars so that was good. Made the B main in both, 3rd in 4wd and I think 6th in 2wd. Started off good in the 4wd but a couple of mistakes and not enough time to get back to the front. It needed tires and I’m being cheap lol…and lazy. I had some but decided not to switch before the main..oops.

I love reading. The last year or so I haven't found much time to read like I used too. I'm hoping to remedy that because I really miss reading. I'm going to try getting some reading in while I have a cigar in the evening.

I also enjoy writing. Short stories, essays, and novels. Haven't actually finished a novel yet, but it comes in sessions.

I love listening to old time radio shows, podcasts, non-fiction audiobooks, and indie/arthouse movies.

In the wintertime, I like to crochet blankets. Yes, I'm straight, 100% into ladies ;-) When I was young, and there actually used to be a summer break, I would stay with my grandparents. My grandmother used to crochet and knit. It interested me and she taught me how to crochet. It was something we would do together. Then my grandfather would man me up with guy stuff outside the rest of the day, lol.

Used to kayak. Love kayaking, just didn't have space to keep one anymore. Anything related to water. Kayaking, swimming, rafting, etc. I grew up rafting down a river all the time.

The rest of the time I spend playing with the dog, or spending time with the wife.

Damn. Just went through and saw my old ex car pics. I have the same ones but a new paint scheme.

Forgot to include other “hobby” pics of the camper and also my smoker the wife got me for xmas. One of these days. Not sure I have them on the phone..but I’ll look.

Damn those rc look so nice, before I beat the shit out of them at the track lol.

Bourbon & Scotch, though not at the "collector" level ... 🤣

I read, get involved with politics online, do some digital art with AI engines, cook, take naps. Mixology. Tai Chi.

Used to brew mead but haven't for awhile. Did combat shooting with a group of other Heathens about once a month for a few years, but those guys all moved away & I don't really have time/funds for range time anymore. Built a bobbed ironhead Sportster over a couple years of Saturdays once & LOVED that. I'd like to do that again with a Panhead now that I'm retired but we'll have to see.

Sheeza: Mead:

sheeza.jpg meadday.jpg

Mixology:

217786240_10225505635737616_6839313186544205206_n.jpg218249637_10225492803496818_5485797667730124343_n.jpg223174415_10225567581646225_2705407545040709348_n.jpg229807214_10225627186616312_320621392906348666_n.jpg

AI Digital Art:

Kindroid 443.jpgKindroid 33.jpg

~Boar