• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are your Top 5+ Habanos?

1. Bolivar Royal Coronas (espresso and dark chocolate)
2. Juan Lopez Seleccion No 2 (cocoa and chocolate flavour)
3. Cohiba Double Corona LE 2003 (dark honey and chocolate)
4. H. Upmann Magnum 50 (LE 2005) (light coffee, cocoa and cedar)
5. Cohiba Siglo V (coffee and nuts)

If price is no issue:
• Cohiba Sublimes LE 2004 (Best cuban I have ever had)
• Bolivar Belicosos Finos
• Cohiba Secretos
• Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill
• Cohiba Robusto

If price is an issue:
• Partagas Perfectos (I've only found one box of these, I loved them)
• Los Statos de Luxe (Not sure the size)
• Romeo y Julieta and Partagas Mille Fleurs

I'm still green on Cubans. :blush:

Have had the pleasure to enjoy a few, of the ones I've tried, in no particular order:

Montecristo No.2 (Cocoa,Earth,Cedar,Spice,Sweetness)
Bolivar Royal Corona (Dark Cocoa,Earth,Coffee)
Cohiba Siglo III or Cohiba Robusto (Nutty,Honey Sweetness,Creamy,Grassy)Robusto adds some mild pepper in there.
Partagas Lusitiana (Spice,Earthy,Slight Sweetness,Dark Cocoa,Coffee)
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 1 (Sweet Tobacco, Cream, Coffee,)

Honorable Mentions:
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 (Woodsy,Nutty,Cream,Coffee)
Montecristo Edmundo or Montecristo Petit Edmundo (Woodsy,Earthy,Cedar,Cream,Coffee,Dark Cocoa)The Petit Edmundo packs these flavors in a shorter smoke.
H.Upmann Magnum 50 (Woodsy,Spice/Cinnamon,Coffee,Slight sweetness)

Of note is that I'd say half of the Habanos I've smoked had at least 3 months to 1 year age on them in the humidor, no box dates as these have been singles or from petacas (packs). Even fresh they'd rest at least 1 week before enjoying to rest after travel.

Happy Smokes!!!!

C

My top 5 is always switching up depending on what is smoking good from my humidors at the time. At present they are...in order:

1. Partagas Series P No. 1
2. Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill
3. Bolivar Corona Extra
4. Trinidad Robusto T
5. Partagas Lusitania

Staying reasonable:

Boli GM
Parti short
HU Super Corona
QdO panatela
slr lonnie

If we get crazy I would add some other stuff, trying to keep it real though

1. Bolivar Coronas Extras
2. RASS
3. PSD4
4. Vegas Robaina Famosos
5. Montecristo Edmundo

1. Partagas Series P No 1
2. H.Upmann Sir Winston
3. Partagas 8-9-8
4. Cohiba Coronas Especials
5. Trinidad Fundadores

Why does everyone love the Monte #2 so much?

B/C when they're on the flavor is unlike anything I'd personally ever experienced prior to, the flavors melt in your mouth like a fabulous steak dinner and linger. I once had a #2 that I had to put out, now this was over ten years ago and I still regret putting it out. The only problem is consistency, certain years were adorable others left something to be desired. I have not been picking any of these up lately b/c I've been on a shorter cigar kick but as I type this I'm thinking why not put a few in the locker for the days that i have enough time to sit down and get to know these again.

How does the No.2 compare to the No.4? Never had a No.2 but No.4 is one of my favorite smokes.

Bolivar PC
Partagas Shorts
Partagas Lusitanias
Montecristo No. 1
H. Upmann Mag 46

HUp #2
LGC Tainos
Punch Black Prince
Partagas Culebras (machine made/hand finished)
Diplo #2

Too many old school memories. John

B/C when they're on the flavor is unlike anything I'd personally ever experienced prior to, the flavors melt in your mouth like a fabulous steak dinner and linger. I once had a #2 that I had to put out, now this was over ten years ago and I still regret putting it out. The only problem is consistency, certain years were adorable others left something to be desired. I have not been picking any of these up lately b/c I've been on a shorter cigar kick but as I type this I'm thinking why not put a few in the locker for the days that i have enough time to sit down and get to know these again.
I agree that the bigger RG Montes can be outstanding but usually require more aging than the smaller RG, which are more consistent, and at a younger age.

I've also been on a smaller RG kick. And not just with Cubans. But the bigger RG cigar often offers more complexity and develop deeper flavors as they burn down.

Cohiba Siglo VI
Bolivar Coronas Gigantes
Toss up between the H Upmann Mag 50 and Sir Winston
Ramon Allones Gigantes
Trinidad Robusto Extra

I have limited experience here except for Cohiba, but these stood out to me most.

CoRo
Bolivar CE
RASS
Sir Winston
SLR A

R&J Short Churchill
Trini Coloniales
Trini Ingenios
PSP2
Punch Double Corona

It is always changing, but these tend to make their way back to the top.

1. Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva
2. Montecristo No. 2 Gran Reserva
3. Cohiba Behike BHK 54
4. Partagas Serie E No. 2
5. Ramon Allones Regional Edition Canada

In no order:

Sir Winston
Monte #2
RyJ Herm #2
Lusi
SLR Long

But the list could go on! :)

How does the No.2 compare to the No.4? Never had a No.2 but No.4 is one of my favorite smokes.

I really didn't have a good experience with the box of 4's that I purchased, so I can't compare.

The 2's are a good smoke.

If you like Cuban tobacco, it's a solid bet.

That is well said. I agree completely.