• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

Interesting version of this beer. Not sure if I'm a big fan of the Thyme profile though.
image-5.jpg

With the Holiday Season upon us, I guess we all find ourselves visiting the liquor store more often. Between beer, wine, and hard liquor, I tend to visit a lot of different stores based on what I'm looking for and who has what on sale. Over the last 10 days or so, I've seen a TON of this beer EVERYWHERE...and I'm talking pallets of it! At the Costco liquor store, my local Spirits Unlimited branches, even at the Wine Acadamy...pallet upon pallet...and on sale too. And each place seems to be cheaper than the last one. It started out before Thanksgiving at $8.99 for the 4 pack. Then after Thanksgiving I saw it for $7.99...then $6.99. Finally I bought some to try it out on the recommendation of a few CP brothers in this thread and I have to tell you....you guys were right! What a great stout that pairs well with a cigar.

Thanks guys...

image_zpsc10e65de.jpg

I'm drinking a Stone Collaboration Suede Imperial Porter. Then other beers or Glenfiddich, it was a crappy day for data.

ironpeddler said:
With the Holiday Season upon us, I guess we all find ourselves visiting the liquor store more often. Between beer, wine, and hard liquor, I tend to visit a lot of different stores based on what I'm looking for and who has what on sale. Over the last 10 days or so, I've seen a TON of this beer EVERYWHERE...and I'm talking pallets of it! At the Costco liquor store, my local Spirits Unlimited branches, even at the Wine Acadamy...pallet upon pallet...and on sale too. And each place seems to be cheaper than the last one. It started out before Thanksgiving at $8.99 for the 4 pack. Then after Thanksgiving I saw it for $7.99...then $6.99. Finally I bought some to try it out on the recommendation of a few CP brothers in this thread and I have to tell you....you guys were right! What a great stout that pairs well with a cigar.

Thanks guys...

image_zpsc10e65de.jpg

Now box some up and send it to me...LOL

Glad you liked it Gary and great prices. I paid $12 a 4 pack last time I was able to get it in MA.

gallery_1425_1582_77410.jpg

2013 release.  So good, maybe even more bourbon-y than the 2012 release.

gallery_1425_1582_104120.jpg

Not bad.  Could use a little more time in the barrels, but a solid offering from a smaller brewery.

mu mike said:
Schlafly Christmas Ale
I usually just grab Nutcracker Ale, but they were out. Gave this a try. Not bad, but very similar to their pumpkin beer.

I always look forward to having one or two of those around the holidays.

Yesterday:
Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
Alesmith Speedway Stout
Ladyface Trappistine
Ladyface Russian Lullaby
Corona (I was kinda drunk by this point)

Alesmith Yulesmith '13
2vc99xl.jpg

Trappist Achel 
Port Santa's Little Helper - Oak Aged
Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils

I'm quickly turning into a Sour Freak! Goose Island Juliet is a great American Wild Ale. The $23.00 a bottle price tag is a bit steep though.

jfields said:
I'm quickly turning into a Sour Freak! Goose Island Juliet is a great American Wild Ale. The $23.00 a bottle price tag is a bit steep though.

Great presentation, felt like I was looking at a magazine ad!

I had this last night, pretty tasty.  I like their Freshly Squeezed just a little better I think.

gallery_1425_1582_109636.jpg

I found a deal at a local for Sierra Torpedo Double IPA.  It was 4, 16oz bottles for $4.00.  I bought 24 of them.  So for the foreseeable future I am drinking $1.00 beers.

Started looking at my pile from the last couple of weeks...

In no particular order -
Southern Tier Pumking 2012
Goose Island Pere Jacques
Goose Island 25 Anniversary
2nd Shift Brewing Hibiscus Whit
Bells Cherry Stout
Crown Valley Brewing Sleighbell Spiced

Crown Valley Sleighbell Spiced Ale.   It's pretty fantastic if you like winter warmer/Christmas style beers.

Working on some Terrapin Wake-n-Bake. Might hit some of the SS beers in a bit.