• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

Mike, I'm a huge malt fan and this has a huge malt flavor without being too syrupy.  I loved it, let me know what you think.

Sneeds, what did you think of the Madhouse?  I've had several of their offerings but haven't been a fan of what I've tried.

This weekend I had some really great beer:
Bourbon County Brand Stout
Bourbon County Coffee Stout
Founders KBS
Founders Curmudgeon

They were all new to me and outstanding!

^^^LOL, sound like someone needs some Founders\ Bourbon County love.

512 Double Pecan Porter on Friday night.
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale x2. Jury is still out on this one, but that could be because they don't have the dark notes I like so much with barrel aging.

Watched the Masters replay last night on the patio.  Beautiful night.

gallery_1425_515_94433.jpg

Moylan's Kilt Lifter.  One of, if not the first craft brew I tried.  Certainly the first one I every made a conscious decision to seek out and purchase after hearing good things about it.  Still one of my favs.
4uzxwh.jpg

I had a couple great beers over the weekend.  Both were great, but I think the Zombie Dust edged out the Bad Baptist :thumbs:

aviary_1397532398409_zpswnkzfoii.jpg

20140413_181545_zpsajnp1wb0.jpg

Went to the Prairie Artisan Ales tour last night and had 3 great beers.  While I'm more of a stout guy, the Jazz Millions killed it, spectacular beer.  OK beer laws prohibit the sale of beer at the brewery, so they are only allowed to give out 12oz of samples.  Pretty crazy, but it was fun nonetheless.

20140416_195603_zpshctpuikf.jpg

A few other shots of the night:

20140416_194709_zpsc3i9nojg.jpg

20140416_194655_zpsmrxhexzk.jpg

Nice Brandon! So did they get around that by charging for the tour and "giving away" the beer samples?

Speaking of which.....

Delicious! I should have requested more!

jfields said:
Nice Brandon! So did they get around that by charging for the tour and "giving away" the beer samples?

Speaking of which.....

Delicious! I should have requested more!

Nope, tour was free and they gave out 3 - 4oz samples(ticket based of course).  They did however have glassware for sale and other merchandise.  It's technically not a brewery at the moment, it's a big garage/slabbed building, maybe 2,000-3,000 square feet.  They are moving out south to a permanent location, which will be a much bigger, with a tasting room/aging/etc. 

Let me know if you want more, there are places that still have BOMB and Bible Belt.  I found a few other stouts from Prairie, in a small liquor store, obviously nobody buys it there so it's a win for me.

Microbrew Fest today. Lot of beers on the list I hope to sample. Going to try to keep a list. Should be fine for a while, but I have a feeling the late afternoon could get hazy.

Back