• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i can i say i like the sam adams and the chimay blue label much better then the bud light!

I have a bomber of Chimay Blue Label sitting in my basement waiting to be consumed. :thumbs:
Gotta love Big Blue. I've yet to taste a better Belgian Abbey.

I enjoyed a Paulaner Salvador with my son last night after he got off work. Not as good as it used to be in the old euro bottles but still a very good Munchen Doppelbock. Similar to Optimator but more balanced.

well i can i say i like the sam adams and the chimay blue label much better then the bud light!

Welcome to the real world of beer! :thumbs:

Bud Light is what Sam Adams and Chimay become after we drink them. ;)

Had two Rochefort 10 last night thanks to my good buddy Jayro.

Started with an Alpine Exponential Hopiness that was damn good...thanks Mike! Just got done with a Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter that has been in my beer closet for a year....even better after some age.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale tonight, and making the 2 hour trek tomorrow to go pick up a few growlers of KRBC Citra.

Yesterday I had a Sweetwater Motor Boat ... nice very nice! Thanks Darin! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Surly Furious and Founders Breakfast Stout. I'm thinking it might be time to break from stouts for a while. I still love them for the most part, but for some reason the last couple have been unfulfilling. Maybe I need to find something else besides IPA's to drink in the summer time, and save the stouts for the colder months.

Any suggestions for good summer time beer (and I'm not a big pilsner fan)?

Southern Tier's Hop Sun.

Surly Furious and Founders Breakfast Stout. I'm thinking it might be time to break from stouts for a while. I still love them for the most part, but for some reason the last couple have been unfulfilling. Maybe I need to find something else besides IPA's to drink in the summer time, and save the stouts for the colder months.

I am malt head ... I love meeze a nice malty, sweet beer. Over time I developed a taste for IPA's but I still have trouble with some of them. I love the IPA's and Ambers that play on taste with the bitter and sweet, balance beers (mid to east coast brews tend to be like this). Very few West Coast IPA's do this (Alesmith IPA not your typical west coast IPA). With that said I love me some crisp, clean beers during the summer and here are a few I think you would enjoy: (If I had these available to me I would be drinking these all the time)
  • FFF Gumballhead (its light and refreshing, perfect for summer ... and it has flavor)
  • FFF Alpha King Pale Ale
  • Surly Bender and Coffee Bender
  • Sweetwater Motor Boat (just had this and it was really good)
  • Sweetwater 420
  • Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster
  • Consecration
  • La Folie Lips of Faith series
  • GI Matilda
  • Philadelphia Brewing Rowhouse Red
  • Philadelphia Brewing Kenzinger
  • Ugly Pug Black Lager
  • Troegs Nugget Nectar (couldn't forget this one but it is out of season, my suggestin is to stock up on this in the spring)

As you can see I love me some out of state beers ... some great locals I enjoy are:
  • Alesmith IPA
  • Alpine Nelson
  • Alpine Mandarin Nectar
  • Alpine Duet
  • Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
  • Sculpin
  • CoCoNut Porter
  • Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel
  • Lost Continent Double IPA

Hope you find some yummies CHEERS!

Belhaven Wee Heavy Scottish Ale tonight which was fantastic! Malty and sweet, it complemented my Paddy 2k wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back