• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Unibroue Ephemere Apple last night. I wasn't sure about an apple ale, but ended up liking it. You could taste the granny apple, but it wasn't overpowering. Not something I would drink every day, but it was a nice switch from what I've been drinking lately.

Southern Tier Pumking. That's more like what a pumpkin beer should taste like. I, however, should have drank some water first after coming in from mowing. One bomber of 9% has me feeling good.

Hoppin Frog Frog Hoolow Double Pumpkin Ale. Interesting beer. Subtle pumpkin, like the DFH offering. Finished the bomber, then found out they won a gold for it today at GABF.

Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse. This was really good. I hope I can get my hands on a couple more bottles.

Bottle of Hop Stoopid yesterday whilst poolside. Good stuff.

Had a Southern Tier Pumking tonight. Very interesting pumpkin ale...no real spices but tons of pumpkin flavor. I enjoyed it.

Last weekend I had a Southern Tier Mokah that was an awesome coffee/dessert beer.

Lagunitas Lucky 13 last night. Very nice! A fairly big red ale with a hoppy profile and slight malt balance. If you can find it I recommend giving it a whirl.

Had a pint of a local brewery's Black IPA. 'Twas delicious.

Had some great beers this weekend:

Weyerbacher Insanity
Southern Star Buried Hatchet
Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' - man this is a great hoppy beer...bought 2 more 6 packs when it was restocked at my local
Real Ale Oktoberfest
Breckenridge 471 DIPA

Back to the basics: A bottle of Yuengling Lager while writing a history paper this evening

Another Autumn Beer Review has come and gone here in Minneapolis. Myself, perry, Ketchtwenty2, siriusstoogie and simmsboard attended this year's Review, with a sh.tload of others. Here were some highlights:

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Mango Coconut IPA (this was my winner of the day, I don't know how they pulled this off, but it was fng awesome). Also, MTH is the only brewery I know that can properly do coconut.

Surly Brown Eye (fng delicious sipper). I don't know what the hell kind of beer this was, an Imperial Brown maybe? It was thick, a little sweet, very complex.

Surly Moe's Bender. Oak-aged Bender with chocolate and coffee. Again, fng delicious.

Rock Bottom Brewery Coconut Chai Stout. This was pretty good, although I don't know where the coconut was.

Rush River Double Bubble DIPA, very good.

Only one real disappointment, which was Surly's Wet. Wet is one of my favorite beers. Someone told me they had oak-aged this beer, or I don't know. All I know is that it was completely flat and barely drinkable.

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Mango Coconut IPA (this was my winner of the day, I don't know how they pulled this off, but it was fng awesome). Also, MTH is the only brewery I know that can properly do coconut.

Surly Moe's Bender. Oak-aged Bender with chocolate and coffee. Again, fng delicious.

I've only had one coconut that was awesome and that was Maui's Coconut Porter.

That Surly Moe's sounds awesome. Luckily kcben just scored me a 4 pack of Coffee Bender to get me by for another couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.