• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traveled to Chicago the past couple of days and had some excellent beers with friends:

3F Topless Wytch (on tap at their brewpub)
3F Moloko (on tap at their brewpub)

BCBS Rare
Stone collaboration Mint Chocolate Stout
Westbrook Mexican Cake
BCBS 2012
GI Big John (very similar to BCBS)

3F Zombie Dust (on tap at Kuma's Corner - great burgers!)

Weyerbacher Riserva 2010. Made me feel a bit sick. Way too much vinegar and acid. Poured half the bottle out.

Avery Mephistopheles Stout. 16.4% ABV and I'm tasting each percent. Somewhere underneath the alcohol vapors are some nice roasty malts.

Avery Mephistopheles Stout. 16.4% ABV and I'm tasting each percent. Somewhere underneath the alcohol vapors are some nice roasty malts.

Love that stuff! What year was it? I think the 2009 had an even higher ABV at almost 18%.

Stone Smoke Porter w/ Chipotle Peppers.....Very interesting, good smoky flavor with some jalapeno flavor as well. Drink it warm like a stout.
Young's Double Chocolate Stout in a can...It is much better than in the bottle
Saint Arnold's Oktoberfest.

Over the course of the weekend.
Stone Smoked Porter w/vanilla bean. Tasty
Real Ale Brewers Cut Black Quadrupel, interesting.
Rogue Dead Guy
Brooklyn Brewing Chocolate Stout

Love that stuff! What year was it? I think the 2009 had an even higher ABV at almost 18%.

I'm assuming '12. I bought it back in February.

Camping over the weekend and had a few Torpedos, SA pumpkin, along with the requisite Coors light. I bought a sixer of SN Tumbler but it was all gone before I had a chance to grab one. Dammit, as it's probably my fav of all the ones mentioned.

DFH Theobroma
FW Wookey Jack
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy

Excellent list!

Thanks! I was a little underwhelmed by Theobroma. I bought it because it uses cocoa nibs from a local chocolatier here in Springfield, Missouri (Askinosie Chocolate).

Last night I went to a brewpub after work and was excited to find Schlafly Reserve Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout on tap, and at happy hour prices. Great stuff, especially at $2 a pint!!!!!

Went to the pub again last night after work, two more glasses of Schlafly BBRIS.

Then stopped by the smoke shop and had two cans of Ska Mole Stout. It was.....different.

The Bruery Tart of Darkness
The Bruery Oude Tart

Both interesting, but nothing that compares to Russian River Sours.

Getting ready to crack open a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout from 2009.

Rock Art Brewing "The Vermonster" - incredibly smooth for 10%
Barrier Brewing "Jamaican Me Cocounts" - Jamaican-style export stout brewed with coconuts

3F Topless Wytch
Schlafly Reserve Barrel Aged Barleywine 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.