• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great way to spend a day off Joe! Congrats on scoring the Abyss...you lucky bastid :D

ilikefishes said:
I had a couple Lagunitas Sucks.

I really like this beer. I wish it was a regular release.

I finished off the last two bottles of this last night, and boy do I wish I could get more all year!

Mean Old Tom from Maine Brewing and man this beer is great. It has a nice dark coffee flavor to it.

Paul

Rogue's pumpkin patch ale and fuller 2009 vintage.

Vintage was great and the pumpkin was one of my least favorite pumpkins I've had :(.

Had some Innis and Gunn Rum Cask.  Man this stuff is good.  It tastes like a Newcastle that has some vanilla and extra depth to it.  Really liked this one a lot.  Has anyone had any of their Cask beers?  It looks like they have a few different offerings and I was wondering if they were worth hunting down.

Greggj77 said:
Had some Innis and Gunn Rum Cask.  Man this stuff is good.  It tastes like a Newcastle that has some vanilla and extra depth to it.  Really liked this one a lot.  Has anyone had any of their Cask beers?  It looks like they have a few different offerings and I was wondering if they were worth hunting down.

Where in Southern NH are you? I remember seeing some of these at "The Drinkery" in Londonderry! However I have not had them yet but going off your description I will give it a shot if the still have it.

I picked up an Innis & Gunn Original and a Rum when I was in Vegas and was really disappointed when I found out it hadn't made it to TX yet. I imagine their Cask beers rock!

Last night had a Rahr & Sons Iron Thistle and a Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.

Joebunaga said:
I picked up an Innis & Gunn Original and a Rum when I was in Vegas and was really disappointed when I found out it hadn't made it to TX yet. I imagine their Cask beers rock!

Last night had a Rahr & Sons Iron Thistle and a Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.
A friend sent me a Rahr & Sons Winter Warmer for Christmas. They make some darn good beer.

Tall Paul said:

Where in Southern NH are you? I remember seeing some of these at "The Drinkery" in Londonderry! However I have not had them yet but going off your description I will give it a shot if the still have it.
Paul,  Howdy brother. 

I live just south of Manchester.  Barbs Beer Emporium in Concord usually has a stash.  If you run across them defintiely grab yourself some.  It was some seriously good stuff.  FYI I picked up (2) 4 packs for $11.50 each. 

Schlafly Bourbon Barrel RIS

This stuff isn't well known outside of Missouri, but it is excellent.

Earlier I had a Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey English IPA. I strongly dislike IPAs (actually just that overwhelming hop flavor), this isn't the worst IPA I've had.

wkoti said:
Earlier I had a Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey English IPA. I strongly dislike IPAs (actually just that overwhelming hop flavor), this isn't the worst IPA I've had.
English style or East coast style IPA's should be up your alley.  They tend to be a tad more mildly hopped with a bit more maltiness.  Maybe give DFH 60 or 90 minute IPA's a chance.  Stay away from West coast style IPA's as this region is well known for it's super hoppy IPA's.

Decent weather today so on the deck with beer and cigar.

gallery_1425_515_27506.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.