• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davidson Bros Brown, Genny 12 Horse (ha ha), JW Lees 2011 Lagavulin, Scaldis Noel 2011, Left Hand Java Lava.

Lots o' Sierra Nevada Tumbler and Celebration. Apparently my in-laws don't drink as much as I remembered, so I have to finish off what I over bought.

It's a terrible cross to bear...

Drank an entire magnum of Anchor Christmas 2012 tonight. Shit was going down good. Best batch I can remember.

1 each of the Budweiser "Project 12" sampler packs -

Budweiser Batch No. 91406 (Los Angeles):
  • A deep-amber lager with 6 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
  • The beer was originated by brewmaster Bryan Sullivan in Los Angeles in collaboration with brewmasters Scott Ungermann in Fairfield, Calif. and Dave Cohen in Houston.
  • “Our collaboration team used caramel malt on Batch No. 91406, which gives the beer a deep amber color and a little more body,” said Sullivan, whose signature will be on the bottle. “It has a little bit more hop character than our flagship Budweiser lager, but like Budweiser it’s a very clean and refreshing beer.”

Budweiser Batch No. 63118 (St. Louis):
  • A deep-golden pilsner with 6 percent ABV.
  • The beer was first brewed in St. Louis by brewmaster Jim Bicklein and was developed in collaboration with brewmaster Katie Rippel from Fort Collins, Colo.
  • “The original Budweiser brewery is, of course, here in St. Louis, so we wanted to honor our brewing heritage with a beer that uses ingredients that German immigrants, like our founder Adolphus Busch, would have used when they came to the United States,” Bicklein said. “In this pilsner we use the same types of Hallertau and Tettnang hops commonly used in St. Louis during the late 1800s.”
Budweiser Batch No. 23185 (Williamsburg, Va.):
  • A bourbon cask lager with 5.5 percent ABV.
  • The beer is brewed by Daniel Westmoreland from the Williamsburg, Va. brewery and was developed in collaboration with brewmasters Mike Anderson in Jacksonville, Fla. and Dan Kahn in Cartersville, Ga.
  • “We took staves from fresh bourbon barrels and we aged the beer on those staves and spiced it with a hint of vanilla,” said Westmoreland, who has been a Budweiser brewmaster for more than 30 years. “It’s an all-malt brew, and it has a perfect color that is similar to the color of bourbon itself. Batch No. 23185 has a nice vanilla aroma with a little oakiness on the end – it’s a great beer.”

Right now, a Founders Breakfast Stout. Over the past few days some Harpoon Winter Warmer, Sam Adams Winter White, Peroni, Scaldis Noel 2011, JW Lee's Harvest 2011 Lagavulin and a Left Hand Java Lava.

Elysian Omen (12 Beers of the Apocolypse), Winter Hook, Sam Adams Winter Lager, and Lagunitas WTF. All went great with the Tri-tip I slow cooked on the grill with a generous helping of smoke.

The local beer shop had stouts and porters as the beers of the month. I had Flying Dog's Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout last night. It was surprisingly good for the name. Not too complex, and rather creamy.

Tonight is Great Lakes Barrel Aged Blackout and then Deep Ellum IPA. Last night I had a Founders Backwoods Bastard and the night before a Bruery Rye Whiskey Smoking Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.