• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What box should I buy?

KingsFan91

Hey all, I'm still new to the cigar world and this is actually my first question i'm posting on here. I want to buy a box of cigars but i'm not looking to spend that much. I've seen some stuff in a few magazines that caught my eye for about 40 bucks. That sounds about right for me. I'm not super picky...yet ;) As of right now i'm into mild-med flavored cigars. So I was just wondering if you guys had any input on boxes of that range? Thanks for helpin' a newbie :laugh:

I would advise against buying a box of 40 dollar cigars. Head over here and try that instead. That or try some sampler packs.

We're all newbs! I agree with the newbie pass - you meet some of the long-timers (FOGs) and are exposed (ummm) to a broader array of smokes. Then narrow to what you like from there.

John

Hey, man. Everyone is gonna tell you to either try the newbie pass and/or to not buy boxes until you've tried a cigar and know if you like it and they are right, BTW. For what it's worth, if I were to buy a box right now I'd be looking at some Padron X000 series (but that's for me. You may not like them. Who knows?).

How about bumming some smokes off your dad (Longdraw)and getting a better feel for what you like? While I love buying and opening boxes of cigars (it's like a religious experience!), being left with 19 or 24 sticks of dog rockets you don't like isn't that fun and a complete waste of money.

x2 to what everyone has said. The newbie pass is great and I also recommend the Padron 2000 maduro. try out some samplers before you buy a whole box!

Good luck!
-Greg

Your on a journey to find out what you like. The Newbie Trade is the best place to start. Not only will you get a nice selection to sample at a reasonable price but you will build a relationship with a fog that can guide you. If you really like a certain cigar from the sampler he/she can help you understand what it is you like about it and what other cigars you may like, too. ;)

Best place to start, IMO.

Hey, man. Everyone is gonna tell you to either try the newbie pass and/or to not buy boxes until you've tried a cigar and know if you like it and they are right, BTW. For what it's worth, if I were to buy a box right now I'd be looking at some Padron X000 series (but that's for me. You may not like them. Who knows?).

How about bumming some smokes off your dad (Longdraw)and getting a better feel for what you like? While I love buying and opening boxes of cigars (it's like a religious experience!), being left with 19 or 24 sticks of dog rockets you don't like isn't that fun and a complete waste of money.

My first suggestion is to get in on the new sampler. If not, i agree with BC, go with the Padron!!!

X 345 Newbie trade is perfect for you. Do it and don't turn back. Trust us.

Also you liked those Cheap Bastards right? If your heart set on buying a box, call up Old Town and buy a box from them. Ill bring them to you Tuesday on my way to Vegas.