• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Cigar Pass Means to Me

Well said Brian! I've only had the privledge if sitting down and enjoying a cigar with one other brother on here (save for my buddy, who've I've known for the better part of my life), and despite my nervousness about it, it was a great time.

Hopefully in the future I can meet up with more of the family here, even if my timing usually sucks lol.

Well said, Brian.  First and foremost, CP is a true community.  Many forums are built on the premise that the owner is going to make money from it.  Either by flooding it with ads, or building it up and then selling.  Over the years, I've had opportunities to sell the community - one time for a rather hefty price.  I don't regret not selling at all.  I love this community far too much to let it go for money.  The friendships I have made here far outweigh what money can provide.  Seeing people create and build friendships is priceless - all because of a cigar.  Truly amazing.  

Some "old timers" left over the years.  Regardless of how you or I feel about that, CP does have rules, and communities can quickly be dissolved due to toxic behavior.  I won't say much more, except that CP is what you make of it.  Sucks to hear some people don't find CP fun anymore, but it's really what you make of it.  If you focus on the negative, like anything else, you'll only see the negative.  I firmly believe CP has far more positives than negatives.  If I didn't feel that way, I'd lose interest in running the site.  14 years later, I still have the same passion I had for CP the day I started the site.  There will always be ups and downs, and I have learned that I certainly can't please everyone.  If the majority of members are happy, then we're on the right track. 

We can all agree, CP is not your typical internet forum.  

I think most long time members have at some point taken a break, or life presented some more important things to tend to.  I know over my 8 years I had a break when I got divorced followed by my father's passing.  Sometimes there are just more important things to tend to.

However, I always enjoy a cigar more when I'm an active member of CP, and that's the way it has always been.

It's easy to lose focus on the reason this site is far and above then best cigar community on the web, and in real life, so I appreciate the thread to reel it back in.

I liked cigars for many years because my dad enjoyed them.  I didn't love cigars until I found Cigar Pass.

Life gets in the way sometimes, but I always find myself coming back here, for all the reasons above.  Love ya Jonesy. 

John - that was pretty damn funny :sign:

Brian, never apologize for helping to keep the community squared away. The people who matter respect you for it. The people who don't...well, they probably won't be here in a year anyway.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Brian, never apologize for helping to keep the community squared away. The people who matter respect you for it. The people who don't...well, they probably won't be here in a year anyway.

Doc
Thanks Doc, that means a lot.

Whatever you wanna call it....a family, a community or just a forum....I am still keeping Neal's tradition alive. Socks yes, pants no.

MilesMingusMonk said:
Whatever you wanna call it....a family, a community or just a forum....I am still keeping Neal's tradition alive. Socks yes, pants no.
Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't post any pics Kirk!

Jonesy said:

Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't post any pics Kirk!

You wouldn't say that if you knew....

no-pants-subway-2014.jpg

Oh yea,....and Doc is my friend so I have all you fuggers beat! :thumbs:

Jonesy said:
I have actually enjoyed a smoke with the legend so I believe I may have you beat... :laugh:

Tall Paul said:

I have actually enjoyed a smoke with the legend so I believe I may have you beat... :laugh:

Didn't happen if you don't have a pic of him!  :laugh:

Jonesy said:
One of the guys I respect the most here told me today that CP isn't fun like it once was, another friend I inadvertently insulted and feel like shit about it. .
You didn't insult anyone that didn't deserve it. We disagreed. No biggie. You and I are too much alike, and you're my friend.

Bsneed51 said:

One of the guys I respect the most here told me today that CP isn't fun like it once was, another friend I inadvertently insulted and feel like shit about it. .
You didn't insult anyone that didn't deserve it. We disagreed. No biggie. You and I are too much alike, and you're my friend.

Glad to see this come full circle.

I can tell you this, as a newbie, I love this place!

As a group, we have many different personalities, with many different expressions, all with one thing in common, compassion...  (oh, and love of cigars too :))

Compassion??? No ones ever accused me of that.

Doc

You got your own unique brand of love and compassion, that's what makes it great! :)

I can tell you this, as a newbie, I love this place!

As a group, we have many different personalities, with many different expressions, all with one thing in common, compassion...  (oh, and love of cigars too :))

Thank you! My "STFU" comments over the years are all terms of endearment! :D

Nicely said.  It is an amazing community here.  Truly one of a kind.