• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what current cubans to try?

groucho

A few years ago I was able to purchase and enjoy a few cubans while on an extended vacation. I can't remember the exact ones I tried but the brands were Fonseca, Majestic and RandJ [Coronitas en Cedro]. I enjoyed them all but especially the RandJ as I thought they were the strongest and had the fullest flavor of the three.

If I was going to purchase a few more should I stick with these or are there some similar brand to try?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tony

No expert on ISOMs by any means, but I'll throw out my 2 favorites.

RASS and MAG 46, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

HDM epi#2, VR famasos and Partagas p2 are my current faves, and they smoke well young.

I would start with some of the smaller sizes as you will be able to try more sticks on the same budget. Partagas shorts, Bolivar corona junior, Trinidad Reyes, H. Upmann corona major, Ramon Allones small club corona, and Montecristo No. 5 would be a good start. These would give you a taste of six major brands at a fairly reasonable cost.

I am a huge fan of the partagas shorts (partyshorts). I've only had one, but it was like candy. Give it a shot. I'm also new to cubans, but that smoke is a winner.

Add Monte #4's to your list. Reasonable cost, and a nice short smoke, both new and aged. Partagas Shorts have been recommended by a couple others and I love 'em too.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Hopefully I can find several of these to try.

Now I just need to be able to find Danny's cigar shop in Coz.!! Should be easy enough...... ???

Tony

hey all

My long time favorite has been the raphael Gonzalez, in fact i just picked up 3 new boxes, at only $87 each, they age wonderfuyl, but are always great young, plus so cool, the printing on the box, made for the king of spain,( or something like that) to lazy to get up and read it again

good luck

Kurt

Just wanted to post a follow-up to my thread. My search for the recommended shop in Cozumel was a bust. I went down to the shop that is supposed to be right across from Ernestos Tortilla Factory and it's no longer there. I'll find the thread and link to it in a minute. [can't find it now. i have the printout at home]

I didn't want to deal with the other places where fakes and quality are suspect so no Cubans for me. :angry:

groucho

I have really been enjoying my R&J churchills but there from 98. I dont know about the newer ones.. I also really like the Monticristo Edmundo

I like them all :thumbs:

Taste is subjective. We all smell and taste differently. You
will get different advice from the members of this board. Smoke
as many as you can to arrive at your favorites.

Did I say I like them all? Actually, I love them all :love:

Brian