• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I celebrated a huge Vols win today with a Gurkha Legend Churchill. I've seen some negative reviews on this puppy, and I must disagree. It was a really nice, flavorfull smoke that burned evenly the whole way. I really enjoyed the flavor, and while definately not worth MSRP, I'd smoke another at 50% off as was this one.

My first Partagas # 2. This stick along with a couple of shots of Glenfiddich Solera and 72 degree weather made for a great evening. It will be the first of many.

Interesting day
-Lucky8 White Dragon mini beli with coffee peppery/sweet
-new experimental A/R Dbl. Connecticut perfecto (Conn. shade wrapper, Conn. Broadleaf binder, fuerte filler blend) in the car this is a real winner as I like power and creamy conn. flavors together
-a cuban Sancho Panza beli (1995- gifted by a friendly retailer) with lunch this was great and rich in the classic SP cuban way, but as it needs more time and rest, by the last third it descended into ammonia hell.
-Rafael Ramos Dark Criollo Salomone Mediano this was 6.5x58 figurado heaven. A first generation criollo wrapper, medium chocolate color, very oily, just lit the nipple and waited for the draw to open up--an explosion of leather, spice and sweet pepper flavors once it did.
-QUADRADO QToro a box-pressed sungrown Ecuadoran-- rich and earthy not strong, but full flavored. At about $2msrp this is a killer smoke
-Gran Habana 3Siglos Robusto this is both pretty and tasty, with a fair amount of power to it, but I am still waiting out an overload of box varnish that infused these cigars and its not all gone yet grrrrrrrr.
-Another Lucky8- this time a Fat Buddha (6x60) sitting on the porch outside the office watching the weather go south. So much fu@kin flavor and smoke that my head is spinning...in a good way
-Driving home an el Laguito Lancero this is an EMS wrapped cigar that is deceptively cool and medium bodied, but develops more different flavors and complexities than any other skinny ring cigar I have ever had, with the possible exception of a Cohiba Corona Especiale.
-A HOLTS ???? something we're blending for them that they haven't named yet zippy and tart, with some great depth. I'll be proud of this when it comes out.
-End the day, after dinner with an Rafael Ramos Dbl. Cam. TORO South American Cameroon wrapper, Cameroon binder and flavor flavor flavor.
I think all of THIS is why I like owning a cigar company. My tastebuds NEVER get bored. :)

Promoting again :rolleyes:

Last night I enjoyed an Anejo #49 while driving home from the airport. Today, for St. Patty's day, I think I might pull out something special. I'm not quite sure what that's going to be though.

I celebrated a huge Vols win today with a Gurkha Legend Churchill. I've seen some negative reviews on this puppy, and I must disagree. It was a really nice, flavorfull smoke that burned evenly the whole way. I really enjoyed the flavor, and while definately not worth MSRP, I'd smoke another at 50% off as was this one.

I agree, the Legends are very tasty. I can never get the perfecto to burn correctly, but I think the Legend line as a whole represents Gurkha well.

My favorite is still the Estate Shaggy Foot though, fabulous cigar.

I agree, the Legends are very tasty. I can never get the perfecto to burn correctly, but I think the Legend line as a whole represents Gurkha well.

My favorite is still the Estate Shaggy Foot though, fabulous cigar.
Agree on the legend perfecto, they do seem to have burn problems, but you can't beat that taste, had one also while watching the action with march madness. Unfortunately all i can drink right now is water, GO GATORS! :)

Just finishing up a Por Larranaga Lonsdales Exclusivo Alemania. VERY pleasant for such a young cigar. The draw is a bit on the tight side but the flavor more than makes up for it. Time should make these an nfulton classic.

My first Java robusto.

Not something I'd reach for all the time, but a good change of pace. Sweet, aromatic, and smooth.

I was happy with it.

:D

Today at the Outlaw, I enjoyed a Hemingway Untold Story Maduro -- a birthday gift from Brad (Smokyballs). Thanks a lot, Brad!! What a great cigar! :thumbs:

Just finishing up a Por Larranaga Lonsdales Exclusivo Alemania. VERY pleasant for such a young cigar. The draw is a bit on the tight side but the flavor more than makes up for it. Time should make these an nfulton classic.

Yeah, lonsdales seem to be tough draws when young. This particular lonsdale will be a winner in due time...quite flavorful already! :thumbs:

Last night I had an OpusX Perfecxion X on my front porch in the amazing 73 degree weather. It was accompanied by the first thunder and lightning of the year and a few pints of New Holland Blue Goat Doppelbock.

TFF... me an another BOTL had a couple Perfecxion X's after dinner at Schatzi's last Tuesday night. It's good to see you got the memo, Nate :thumbs:

This afternoon I tried a cigar that was very much like a PL regional release Lonsdale. It was interesting.

edited to add: Nate I just saw your other post where you tried a PL as well. That freaks me out. Mine was tight too.

After work , a run, and dinner I had a DCM #2. Lasted a good long time and the last 1/4 was nice and spicy.

don carlos but the wrapper came apart. is this common?

How cold was it? I've had a few split on me, but none have ever come completely apart before.

What I smoked today
SLR A from '03
Ashton VSG Illiusion

and I'm thinking about topping off the night by smoking a Tatuaje.

For St. Pattys day I went all out. I had a Cohiba Siglo VI, and a Bolivar RC. I must say that the bolivar flavor was much more evident and tasted better that the cohiba which suprised me. Happy St. Patty's day everyone...

I had a Partagas maduro and unfortunately I was doing a touch up on the cigar and literally started my beard on fire. I suffered some burns to the upper lip. :laugh:

I think everyone deserves a picture of that... :whistling:
No, seriously it looked like the end of a burnt rope above your lip the other day bro. I think we should package lighters and sell them as a 'hair removal innovation'. One idea....founded on a fire....sets a BLAZE of sales across America :thumbs:

don carlos but the wrapper came apart. is this common?

How cold was it? I've had a few split on me, but none have ever come completely apart before.

It was cold outside but not left in the cold, it was still enjoyable although I had a bottle and a half of wine and about 6 beers at that point, I need to try more cameron's, first couple of experiences were bad

Went over Stinky's place (of Stinky Ashtray fame) to watch the UNLV/Wisconsin game and smoked a nice aged (about 6yrs) OpusX RdC and drinking some Calvados. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.