• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked a Partagas #4 last evening with a nice merlot. A really enjoyable smoke from an new purchase.

Ken

Last night, I met up with a couple of fine BOTL's at a local establishment. I enjoyed a PLPC (not sure of the date on this) and a Gran Habano #5 Churchill.

This is what is one the menu for tonight, I will update with what I actually smoke
5Vegas A
DPG Cuban Classic
DPG (with the Puple lable)
CAO Criollo
Padillia Miami
RP Conn

That should get me throug the night

Tim

edit - only smoked the CAO and DPG CC, the CAO was so-so and the DPG CC was tasty but did not seem to develop they way I thought

At the moment, El Rey de los Habanos Torp.

My weekend so I smoked a few. I tried my first RP Vintage 1999 - a PC - flavorful but mild.

Started with a Partagas Aristocrats - inexpensive PC sized but tasty!

I took a long nap so I might even smoke a Bolivar Royal Corona later. I picked a great two days for my weekend. It's been hot and humid here in DE. Yuck!! Glad I can smoke inside, though.

Steve

Enjoying a Tatuaje Reserva SW right now that had a year plus of humi time on it. I am still in the first third, but this thing is treating me right.

I did another Fonseca for the Cigar Magazine reviews. This time the Vintage Robusto.

It was absolutely terrible. Does Fonseca (Dominican) make a cigar worth smoking?

:(

To answer your question first, Alan, NO... :D

Now on to what I smoked today (and yesterday)

Yesterday I had
CORO '04
PLPC '07

The coro was fantastic and the PLPC was muuuuch better than when I got the cab about two months ago. I really enjoyed them both!

Tonight I smoked a VSG Illusion with the old band on it. :love: man oh man this was a good smoke. Best VSG I have had to date!!

Brandon

Yesterday I had a Camacho Diploma and it was pretty darn tasty. I liked how dark the wrapper was and it burned pretty even.

Today I had an Artistoff Perfecto Minor. I had never heard of the brand, and it was my first time smoking a perfecto. I really enjoyed it. It was the perfect size time-wise, and it burned perfectly without me having to correct it once. The taste was excellent and I nubbed the heck out of it until I started to burn my fingers.

I received both of these thanks to the newbie sampler from Craig(lucasbuck)

I did another Fonseca for the Cigar Magazine reviews. This time the Vintage Robusto.

It was absolutely terrible. Does Fonseca (Dominican) make a cigar worth smoking?

Yes, The Fonseca Cubana Limitado - very underrated cigar but a good cigar - you should give them a try.

To answer your question first, Alan, NO... :D

Now on to what I smoked today (and yesterday)

Yesterday I had
CORO '04
PLPC '07

The coro was fantastic and the PLPC was muuuuch better than when I got the cab about two months ago. I really enjoyed them both!

Tonight I smoked a VSG Illusion with the old band on it. :love: man oh man this was a good smoke. Best VSG I have had to date!!

Brandon

That's great to hear Brandon. I have a cab of Feb 07 PLPCs that can't wait to crack!

I've only smoke two out of my april 06' cab of PLPC because I think they need to nap a couple of years. Fresh, I think they are just okay.

Yes, The Fonseca Cubana Limitado - very underrated cigar but a good cigar - you should give them a try.
Here's my review of the robusto in that line:

This cigar looked very promising. The first look revealed good construction and a nice firm, but lightweight cigar. The pre-cut flavor was a little spicy, with some decent tobacco flavors thrown in. The score and lift method was employed for removal of the cap. This is where things turned for the worse.
This cigar had the loosest draw of any cigar I have ever smoked. It was like sucking air through a soda straw with zero resistance. This was likely the reason for the cigar weighing so little for its size.
The lighting of the cigar was without incident. The burn was very straight for the first inch or so, but there was no flavor coming through at all. There was a ton of smoke, but the flavor was absent.
The ash of this cigar was very flaky. It would not hold at all and the slightest breeze was blowing bits of ash all over the place. It was quite messy. I was 2 inches into this cigar and still no flavor.
At this point the burn went haywire. It was all over the place crooked and really hot in one place. I don’t know what the deal was, but it was uncontrollable. There was a slight bit of cedar coming through at this point, but the smoke still mostly tasted of only ash.
After wrestling with the burn for another several minutes the cedar left the party and introduced a cigarette like flavor. This was at a little over the half way point. I gave up on it there.

I can tolerate a little burn problem if there is flavor present. I can even tolerate a loose draw if there is some other redeeming quality about the cigar. This cigar had nothing going for it outside of appearance. Ashy smoke, cigarette finish; if I wanted that I would just buy a pack of Camel straights. The worst cigar I have ever smoked.

Last night I had a Partagas Lonsdale for '00 that was gifted to me by a generous brother here. If this were the only cigar available, I could adapt.

Doc.

Last night I smoked an AF Cuban Beli, the first one of that vitola I've had. Wow, was that one tasty cigar! I'm going to have to swing by the B&M on the way home tonight and grab a handful more.

Pederomo(sp) reserve Maddie - not a good cigar at all. Rock hard, draw went from loose to stiff without finding the good in between.
It seemes that I am always 1 step forward 2 steps back when it comes to maddies

Tim

Had a Por Larranaga tonight. Interesting, but disappointing. :(

Which one?

To be honest with you, I don't know. ??? I got it in a sampler and I'm not exactly sure. I'll research it and see if I can figure it out.

On the other hand, today I had my first Arturo Fuente. It was a Grand Reserve maduro figurado I believe. Very dark and oily with it's own special flavor. It was far from bad, but it'll have to grow on me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.