• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do I HAVE to try?

n8warren

To Bill Brasky
So I know its obvious that this is a newbie post and there are probably 500 identical topics, but I wanted to get to know a few of you guys on here and hopefully let some of you get to know me a little better. I don't really smoke that many cigars, but I've been smoking for about a year and I love cigars and like to know as much as possible about them. Since I only smoke once or twice a week, I can spoil myself some and smoke nicer cigars than I would if I had one or two every day. What I'm basically wanting to know is what premiums do I HAVE to try? Some of my favorites are Tatuaje cabinet, LGC Serie R maduro, Montecristo Afrique, PAN, Punch Rare Corojo, CAO Brazilia, Hemmingway, Avo Domaine, and Partegas Black. Also sitting in the 'dor waiting for a chance to get smoked are: Gurkha Legend Churchill, Cohiba EL 2006 pyramide, Davidoff Grand Cru no. 1, VSG, Opus X PerfeXion X, DCM Toro, Padron Serie 1926 no. 1, WOAM, & Tatuaje Noellas Reserva. Besides what I've mentioned, what am I missing out on by not trying? Thanks for the advice.

N8

I don't know if who have had any ISOM's but a must is the Monte#2 that is just IMHO but always remember smoke what you like. :thumbs:

I don't know if who have had any ISOM's but a must is the Monte#2 that is just IMHO but always remember smoke what you like. :thumbs:

The only ISOM's I've had a chance to try were Cohiba Siglo's last summer, but since then the only one I've got my hands on is the EL06 that I'm sitting in the humidor for a while before I light it up. I promised myself that it had to hold off until my Vols win a National Championship. Thanks for the advice, if I ever get a reliable source if ISOM's the Monte will be at the top of my list.

N8

Padron 64 definitely, I'm a fan of the natty but alot of guys here like the maduros
RP Vintage 92, never had a bad one yet.
La Gloria Cubana Serie R is a solid smoke as well
Oh and make sure to get your hands on an Ashton VSG very good cigar

I promised myself that it had to hold off until my Vols win a National Championship

bwaaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa ....you leaving it in a will for your grandkids? :laugh:

I promised myself that it had to hold off until my Vols win a National Championship

That's one way to be sure to get some age on 'em. j/k

From what you listed, you have gotten off to a good start already.

No its all good, looks like it might be longer that I hoped, but I've worked out a 5 year plan. If we can't get one in football or basketball for 5 years I'm extending to baseball and track, if I hold off for another 5 after that all bets off and I'll celebrate anything from a championship in football to women's diving. :laugh:

Padilla Signature 1932 line. I "third" the La Flor Dominicana suggestion as well - all are good, but try a LFD lancero.

I "third" the La Flor Dominicana suggestion as well - all are good, but try a LFD lancero.

I'll forth, but go a step further. It seems you like darker and / or full bodied smokes, so from LFD I suggest:

LFD Ligero Oscuro Churchhill Especiales (Curlyheads)
LFD DL Chisel (Sungrowmn and Maduro)
LFD Lancero
LFD Factory Press
All LFD are great, these are just my favorite stand-outs.

Jack Schwarze has always treated me well adn has probably the best LFD selection on the net. Sometimes you can find specific items cheaper, but he's usually the best source I know.

You say you like Brazilia - Try MX2!
Sopranos and CX2 are decent but overpriced

RP Olde World Reserve

Nording

-K-

I "third" the La Flor Dominicana suggestion as well - all are good, but try a LFD lancero.

I'll forth, but go a step further. It seems you like darker and / or full bodied smokes, so from LFD I suggest:

LFD Ligero Oscuro Churchhill Especiales (Curlyheads)
LFD DL Chisel (Sungrowmn and Maduro)
LFD Lancero
LFD Factory Press
All LFD are great, these are just my favorite stand-outs.

Jack Schwarze has always treated me well adn has probably the best LFD selection on the net. Sometimes you can find specific items cheaper, but he's usually the best source I know.

You say you like Brazilia - Try MX2!
Sopranos and CX2 are decent but overpriced

RP Olde World Reserve

Nording

-K-

I wouldn't call the RP OWR a must try stick, atleast not anymore. Roughly 9 months ago, it would have been THE stick to try, but now the flavor is seriously lacking.

In addition to the LFD list, I would recommend the mysterio.

RP Fusions are good and I haven't seen them mentioned. Also, the Ashton ESGs are supposed to be really good. I have one that I haven't tried yet...

---John Holmes...