• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you drink when smoking a cigar?

benedic08

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys smoke when your smoking a cigar?

Most people prefer liquor but when smoking a cigar i always match it with a cold can of diet coke.. :D
Many people find it weird hahaha... :D

It might sound crazy but I was smoking a Padron 5000 about a month ago, and took a drink of my wifes Diet Coke, and was blown away. It tasted AMAZING. And I hate Diet Coke. I couldn't believe how good it tasted

Diet Dr. Pepper and some times sugar free koolaid for the strange stuff for the normal stuff Coffee or a nice stout rp

Diet Coke goes great with Padron's for some reason. Also chocolate milk with any cigar. Ive found an Oliva with chocolate milk is amazing. When I'm not smoking before work Crown and Coke, Dos Equis, Hoegaarden, or Baileys.

Coffee. I drink my coffee black, so it tends to go rather nicely with a cigar.

Holyvision's right - this has been discussed several times before...but hey! Who am I to spoil the party?

My regulars are Diet Coke, Coffee, Espresso, Iced Tea (green or black), and Seltzer Water. Coffee and Espresso can be a bit much with a heavy maddy.

Almost always a cold Heineken or a glass of Hennessy Privilege

Water, almost 99.9% of the time. A very occasional glass of scotch, but again that is rare.

Just recantaly I got into hot coco . It went very well with the woam I was smoking at the time

Diet Coke, dt rite both are great IMO. Drambuie when I can, I like the sound of baileys with a cigar though! That will be my Christmas combo now for sure.

Black coffee in the AM and depending on the weather its scotch, gin martini or an IPA in the PM.

WOOOPS! Typo! hahahah... Its supposed to say "What do you guys drink when smoking a cigar? hhehhe... :D

Oh and baileys and a cigar really does sound good.... maybe im gonna try it out for christmas ahahha.. :D

It depends on the cigar. A lower end smoke and I am all over some PBR but higher end smokes I may choose a sweetwater (local atlanta brew) or Duval.

A nice cup of coffee goes well too.

Depends on the cigar mateys. Yargh.

For instance, mild and complex cigars like the Davidoff Gran Cru go excellently with a Martini (Bombay Sapphire 3 parts, Martini Vermouth 1/2 Part, Lemon zest garnish is my current favourite).

A Cohiba Siglo 6 (or any grassy profile cigar) goes excellently with a good Mojito or even just Cuban rum on the rocks. Spicy cigars pair very well with Armagnac (I'm thinking a VR Unicos and some Bas Armagnac).

Cigars with pronounced Cocoa and Espresso of course pair excellently with your favourite style of coffee (mine is a short black these days) or Hot Chocolate. I've found that a double shot of Chambord, ice and a 1/4 squeezed lime goes excellently with the Padron x000 series too.

Meaty as well as vegetal cigars can go well with a smooth Whiskey, but make sure it is not too fruity. For a twist, try Yamazaki whiskey.

You can also try pairing Port (make sure it's good) with and mild-medium smoke, but it's largely trial and error when it comes to matching cigars with Port.

That's my tastes anyway... experiment.

I used to drink a tasty Sam Adams (whichever style). But I've been getting into Port lately and really enjoying it. I'm still new to the Port thing but it sure goes well.