• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Do You Think Guys?

okay, now that we got a majority for this Thursday...can we get a time?

What time are people planning on getting there?

I have to pick up a friend from the Westside...so I'd like to get a consensus about the time.

I'm thinking around 7:30 ~ 8:00 pm for myself.

If people can get there earlier, great.

okay, now that we got a majority for this Thursday...can we get a time?

What time are people planning on getting there?

I have to pick up a friend from the Westside...so I'd like to get a consensus about the time.

I'm thinking around 7:30 ~ 8:00 pm for myself.

If people can get there earlier, great.

I like 8:00pm....traffic shouldn't be so bad by then.

Thursday it is Brothers I will be there with the usual suspects. :thumbs:

I'll probably plan on getting there between 7-7:30.

jacks
chrls67
actin4life
jester922
wes888
godfather
pimpin (?)
StinkiMonki (maybe)
chewbacco (+2)
Opus Mex (+1)
Rod
Ashley
-----------------------

13 'fo sure's
+2 maybe's

So we need 15 seats...shouldn't be a problem, right?

So we need 15 seats...shouldn't be a problem, right?
Sounds about right... Past experience indicates we just commandeer tables & chairs as needed.

I think kiwifruit might be showing up too.

Sounds great guys.

So..., Denny's, this Thursday, 7-7:30 PM till close? :p
First one there, stake a claim and we'll be set.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

Jack

Change my maybe to a confirmation. I may bring a friend.

Must resist!!! I may be there pending a schedule change! If not see you all at Stinki's.

I have something to take care off on Thurs. so it looks like my participation will be a "game time" decision.

I can't make Thursday. You guys have fun and hopefully see you all at Stinki's on the 26th.

I'll see most of you guys tonight! :thumbs:

UPDATE

We had approximately 17 people show up at Matt Denny's tonight. We sat outside on their smoking patio, which was empty. There were only two other small parties outside along with us. Everyone in our group purchased drinks, and several people purchased food as well. It was a Thursday evening, and the restaurant (patio especially) was very quiet. Please be aware that Matt Denny's patio is, and has been for 8 years, a cigar friendly patio. Every time we meet at Matt Denny's, it's always either a Wed or Thurs evening (which is always quiet). Plus, it's winter, and very few people want to sit on the patio...

Towards the end of the event, Matt Sweeney (owner of Matt Denny's) pulled me aside to bitch/cuss me out about how we are no longer allowed to patronize his establishment. Matt stated that we "smoked out his patio" (mind you, we were primarily the only party out there), and that we have to "knock this shit off" and "find a new place, I can't have this shit here". Matt continued to cuss at me, and was quite pissed; his anger clearly got the best of him. I responded to him in a very professional and calm manner, not using any cuss words, yet he continued to repeat himself and cuss at me about how "this shit needs to stop" and how he doesn't want us there anymore. He stated that we only spent no more than $150-$200, and that wasn't enough money. I can guarantee we spent quite a bit more than $200. Two people alone who I sat next to spent over $60 tonight. I was quite shocked by Matt's behavior and continual use of "shit" and "fuck". Our group has herfed at Matt Denny's only 3 times over a 3 month period; each time spending a considerable amount of money on food and drinks.

Unfortunately Matt is an uneven tempered individual, who has a lot to learn about customer service. Matt advertises his restaurant as being "cigar friendly". He acted as if we took up his entire patio, and spent nothing on food/drinks. Ask anyone who was there on Thursday, and they'll tell you that we all patronized the restaurant quite fairly. I would have never expected to be spoken to in such a poor and demeaning manner in which Matt spoke to me.

If Matt decided he didn't want our group visiting his restaurant any longer, he really should approached me in a more professional/respectful manner than in which did. There was absolutely NO reason for his irate behavior.

As an 8 year patron of Matt Denny's, I will never support this restaurant again. We will find a new place which actually appreciates the business. It's quite ironic that Matt is in the hospitality business - he sure has a lot to learn about being hospitable. We'll move on to something bigger and better, stay tuned...

Rod

The true story is that Rod got us ejected for dancing naked on the tables right in front of a table of nuns. Shame on you Rod! :cool:

It was great herfing with you guys, as always.

Rod - I'm truly sorry that you had to endure that... Completely rude and unprofessional. :angry:

Guys - We'll find a new place, that actually appreciates our patronage.

In the mean time - see you all at Geoff's in a couple weeks! :thumbs:

Edit to add...
The true story is that Rod got us ejected for dancing naked on the tables right in front of a table of nuns. Shame on you Rod! :cool:
It was all fun and games until he started urging the nuns to put singles in his red g-string. :sign:

Things I learned at my first cp herf;

That Matt Denny's restaurant owner sucks.

Nobody likes the fact I smoke Bahia on occasion.

I'm not allowed to hug Pete Johnson on the 26th party.

Wes is a smart guy.

People give/trade alot of nice cigars.

Opus Mex is a funny guy.

Lots of nice people, fun to hang with you guys. Thanks for the invite and look forward to doing it again.

Erich