• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you think of this humidor.

dsabot said:
Richard,
Can you let me know if it arrived in 1 piece safely.  We double boxed these with tons of peanuts, etc., but UPS has managed to mangle 4 of them so far. 
[snapback]200282[/snapback]​

dsabot,

The humidor arrived and I love it accept the digital Hygrometer is missing. :( The box you shipped the humidor in looked as if it stopped in Iraq before it came here.

The Oasis Plus made it but barley. The main shipping box was so badly beat up there was a huge gap in the top of the box and the humidifier was close to falling out. ???

I have included some pictures of this baby in my living room. I ordered the glass door because it looks very cool, if I find the humi has a hard time holding RH then I will change back to the solid door.

The unit itself did not have a scratch on it. Every part screw, hinge and knob was in the box and in its own packaging.

Click HERE for the pictures. Don't drool too much. :laugh:

Ironworker said:
The humidor arrived and I love it accept the digital Hygrometer is missing. :( The box you shipped the humidor in looked as if it stopped in Iraq before it came here.

The Oasis Plus made it but barley. The main shipping box was so badly beat up there was a huge gap in the top of the box and the humidifier was close to falling out. ???

Did you take pictures of the packaging? Did you bring it to the attention of the man in brown?

Wow thanks for posting the photos! Just debating the glass door or not on it, it does look good with it. IgwanaRob thanks for the hello, I am a long islander as well.

IgwanaRob said:
Ironworker said:
The humidor arrived and I love it accept the digital Hygrometer is missing. :(  The box you shipped the humidor in looked as if it stopped in Iraq before it came here.

Did you take pictures of the packaging? Did you bring it to the attention of the man in brown?
[snapback]200412[/snapback]​

I didn't know anything was missing until I opened the box and the way I had to open it wasn't pretty because of the shape the box was in.

It sounds like cheaphumidors.com will be calling UPS to let them know once again the screwed up.

Rich

Looks really good. You have to post more pics when you fill it up.

Ironworker said:
....if I find the humi has a hard time holding RH then I will change back to the solid door.
My desktop took almost a month to "settle down" and stabilize, RH wise. I have to wonder if that beautiful new humi of yours won't take some time as well...?? My limited experience is that this isn't something you can hurry; the wood does it's thing more or less at it's own rate...?? What did you do to season the wood?

I've been whining about my two desktops and cooler being full. Hmm....... :whistling:

Best Regards - B.B.S.