• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What happens in Vegas...

10" expected? Sheesh, when is the last time Vegas had snow like this?

10" expected? Sheesh, when is the last time Vegas had snow like this?

1974!

13 snow plows in southern Nevada. 6 on Mt. Charleston NW of Vegas, 4 in Searchlite to the south, and 3 in Mountain Springs west of Vegas.

The pool does look pretty cool with all of the snow surrounding it. :thumbs:

Yeah, 20 years out here almost and it looks like back east :laugh: First time I've ever seen it like this here are some shots!
gallery_2524_953_143502.jpg

gallery_2524_953_57131.jpg

gallery_2524_953_64184.jpg

unbelievable. I love Vegas and I don't think I've ever seen ANY precipitation much less snow.

Palm trees in the back yard with the park behind us:

December2008036.jpg

"Cool" deck around the pool:

December2008035.jpg

Spa in the back corner:

December2008034.jpg

hell done froze over

Here's what it did in Houston last week. It just started too. By the morning my truck had almost 4" of snow on it, so if you figure it was above freezing for the first several hours of the snow, I'm sure it snowed a total of 5 or 6". I'm sure that's a record around. I've only seen it stick once in my 32 years of life and that was 4 years ago. We got an inch.

5029c91b.jpg

At least you won't have to water the lawn this week.

You have my sympathy, especially since your folks don't know how to drive in it. We've had two new daily records in Denver this week. Low temp minus 18 and minus 12 on Monday and Tuesday. Oh, and a few inches of fresh powder. Mountain levels were measured in feet. Brrrrr!

12 inches of snow last wk-end and as of 8:25am this morning first time we have been above zero (currently 1 degree) since sunday.

How about those tourists looking to get away in Vegas, then this happens? LOL.

You have my sympathy, especially since your folks don't know how to drive in it. We've had two new daily records in Denver this week. Low temp minus 18 and minus 12 on Monday and Tuesday. Oh, and a few inches of fresh powder. Mountain levels were measured in feet. Brrrrr!

I grew up and went to school in suburban Minneapolis and the only day the schools closed was when a water main broke, completely unrelated to the weather. All those heavy snow and frigid temperature days, and we never had a "snow" day. School administrators were proud of this. :sign:

A few inches of snow in Vegas, and my son does not have school today. :laugh: I'll take the snow over your below zero temps any day, those suck!

How about those tourists looking to get away in Vegas, then this happens? LOL.

I was thinking the same thing last night. At least they'll have a story to tell.

Greg did you at least jump in the pool?

I'm sure Joshua will have a story to tell his kids about the blizzard of 08! :laugh:

I would hate to be on vacation out there to get away from the snow, and then BAM!, all of a sudden you get 10" :laugh:

That same storm that hit Vegas, dumped snow on us here, non-stop for 13 hours yesterday. Haven't seen snow like this ever in the 19 years I've lived in the desert.
IMG_0041.JPG

Greg did you at least jump in the pool?

I'm sure Joshua will have a story to tell his kids about the blizzard of 08! :laugh:

Um, no, I didn't jump in the pool. Had a hard enough time trying to get the dogs to go outside. :laugh:

Joshua (more so Nikki) was disappointed we didn't get more snow than the little bit we got while in Minnesota. Neither are disappointed now. :thumbs:

unbelievable. I love Vegas and I don't think I've ever seen ANY precipitation much less snow.

Ditto! The only precip I can recall over half a dozen visits came from the patio water misters along the sidewalk in front of The Paris. :laugh:

Greg, that shot of the pool brings back fond memories of CP Herf #1!