• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What I did on my summer vacation ....

Did you take any classes or just going off recipes? I considered at one point to take a bartending course. Up until now it’s been recipes but every time I find a recipe I need to buy 2-3 new bottles of mixers to make anything

Did you take any classes or just going off recipes? I considered at one point to take a bartending course. Up until now it’s been recipes but every time I find a recipe I need to buy 2-3 new bottles of mixers to make anything

Mostly online recipes from Robb Report & Liquor.com. Someone I follow on Twitter was doing online mixology classes on Zoom & while I didn't actually ATTEND any of them, her threads got me interested enough to break out the cocktail shaker my kid sister sent me ages ago & give it a try.

I started adding a bottle or two or some bitters to my liquor store deliveries & just gradually built up enough stock to try a bunch of things. The absinthe for Sazeracs & Creme de Violette for Aviations are pretty drink-specific & don't know what else I'll do with them but I'll be able to make THOSE drinks for YEARS. 😂

Big favorite is the Boulevardier. That is a REALLY tasty drink. I've restocked the sweet vermouth & Campari a couple times each now!

I hear you about the bottle bill though. I really, really want to make a Last Word but a bottle of green Chartreuse is like $50!

~Boar

Mostly online recipes from Robb Report & Liquor.com. Someone I follow on Twitter was doing online mixology classes on Zoom & while I didn't actually ATTEND any of them, her threads got me interested enough to break out the cocktail shaker my kid sister sent me ages ago & give it a try.

I started adding a bottle or two or some bitters to my liquor store deliveries & just gradually built up enough stock to try a bunch of things. The absinthe for Sazeracs & Creme de Violette for Aviations are pretty drink-specific & don't know what else I'll do with them but I'll be able to make THOSE drinks for YEARS. 😂

Big favorite is the Boulevardier. That is a REALLY tasty drink. I've restocked the sweet vermouth & Campari a couple times each now!

I hear you about the bottle bill though. I really, really want to make a Last Word but a bottle of green Chartreuse is like $50!

~Boar
The green chartreuse is what ended my journey. I forget what the drink was but it called for a 1/2 ounce pour and when I found the bottle I decided that wasn’t the drink for me haha. Love the journey though and really do hope to be able to build up a bar to try this when/if/someday our new house gets built. I have a bit of an obsession with bitters and always buy new ones when I find them. Really would like to start and try to make my own as well.

I have a bit of an obsession with bitters and always buy new ones when I find them. Really would like to start and try to make my own as well.

I just have the standard Angostura, Peychaud's & Orange bitters so far, but the Twitter follow I mentioned is DEEP into bitters & has tons of different ones, as well as making her own herbal simple syrups.

Not quite that far along yet, but there's a couple more bitters I definitely have my eyes on.

~Boar

Since I'm here & talking about it, the Boulevardier:

1 oz. sweet vermouth
1 oz. Campari
2 oz. bourbon

Combine in shaker with ice & give it a go until it's icy cold. I like a full 30 seconds.

Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass with an orange peel twist. You can do the one large cube like the pic or just regular ice cubes.

It is absolutely delicious.

~Boar

Thanks for sharing, those drinks look amazing. I'm too damn lazy to mix anything, this may motivate me!

Great results for your summer vacation. And how did you prepare these cocktails? I cannot identify them by their appearance. Of all these cocktails, I tried only Aviation and Martini. I dislike drinking too much, but I like to smoke. This year I went on a cruise where my new friend taught me how to smoke a hookah. It was my first hookah, so I first smoked it like a cigarette. And then I liked vaping with a full chest. When I chose a cruise, I didn't know that there would be hookah in restaurants. I just chose a cruise to Argentina in this liner schedule www.cruisetimetables.com. My girlfriend refused to go there because she broke her leg during training in the gym. I was there alone.

Great results for your summer vacation. And how did you prepare these cocktails? I cannot identify them by their appearance. Of all these cocktails, I tried only Aviation and Martini. I dislike drinking too much, but I like to smoke. This year I went on a cruise where my new friend taught me how to smoke a hookah. It was my first hookah, so I first smoked it like a cigarette. And then I liked vaping with a full chest. When I chose a cruise, I didn't know that there would be hookah in restaurants. I just chose a cruise to Argentina in this liner schedule www.cruisetimetables.com. My girlfriend refused to go there because she broke her leg during training in the gym. I was there alone.
TL; DR.