• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what is it about.........

gws3

1000 post club member
.....the last 1-2 inches of a cigar that makes me want to spit after every drag????
good or bad cigars doesn't matter.
does anyone else have this happen?
is it normal?

thanks,

glenn

I find myself doing the same thing. That or I have to have a bottle of water around.

Try this: when you get to that point take your lighter and put it in front of the cigar, then blow through the cigar. You will see the flame flare up and actually come back on the cigar. This causes the built up tar to burn out and you should see quite a difference in the taste of the cigar.

thank you !!! i will try it :D

i guess it is true- the shadow DOES know!! :p

Shadow said:
Try this: when you get to that point take your lighter and put it in front of the cigar, then blow through the cigar. You will see the flame flare up and actually come back on the cigar. This causes the built up tar to burn out and you should see quite a difference in the taste of the cigar.
Wow, I have to try this myself now.

Thanks for the tip bro!

Sam

Sam,
I guess I'll have to try this too. Judys gettin pissed of at me for spittin while I smoke. LOLOL
Just kiddin. I have noticed that some cigars get kinda funky near the end biut I just figured that was the way it was supposed to be.
Have fun guys and girls

shadow forgot to mention...keep your eyebrows nose etc back out of the way when you do this.

derrek :)

shadow, great advice - but if i may add a little to this. i'm still new, but after reading about this the first time I really struggled until I had some pretty detailed instructions. sometimes, before blowing out the end, it helps to puff on the gar with the lighter on.

1 tap off any and all ash
2 turn the lighter on
3 put the hottest part of the flame to the end of the cigar (the end that's already burning-not between your lips)
4 puff in repeatedly (as if lighting the cigar) until it "appears" as if the tip of the cigar has a flame ("appears" to be on fire like a candle)
5 do not let the lighter go out
6 now blow out out firmly and continuously until the "blow torch" effect has gone away.
7 enjoy

dvickery said:
shadow forgot to mention...keep your eyebrows nose etc back out of the way when you do this.

derrek :)
You got eyebrows? ;) :D :D :D

Holy Crap. This little exercise is surely not for the week at heart. I tried it this morning and damn near burned off my eyebrows and hair. Quite the thrill. But it worked.
THanks
Jerry

I agree, it sure made the morning smoke more enjoyable and the cigar tasted better too ;)

Great piece of advice :D

BenjieV :D

I damn near lost my eyelashes the first time I tried that :0 . It's probably best to practice on a couple cigars that haven't burned down real far - that way the flame isn't as close to anything flammable on your face!

DaveWF said:
I damn near lost my eyelashes the first time I tried that :0 . It's probably best to practice on a couple cigars that haven't burned down real far - that way the flame isn't as close to anything flammable on your face!
Aw Dave, where's your sense of adventure? :sign:

i have also tried it and it has worked !

thanks guys!!!