• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHAT IS WITH THIS POKEMON GO?

I suppose it has much to do with age. Many things are basically the same. When younger I was interested in things other than gratification of senses or pleasure. I still take pleasure in many of those same things. The difference seems to be context, perspective, and emphasis. When younger I sensed that something was missing but wasn't sure what it was. It was just a feeling. But as I grew older, this void started to take on form. I knew it wasn't something that the simple pleasures like cigars, sex, or game playing could satisfy. I guess most of us have these feelings and eventually get around to investigating them.
temet nosce - know thyself
This seems simple but if it really was it wouldn't be the paramount philosophical tenet that it is. Food for thought.
Edit to add: Perhaps a new game called, " Know Thyself" where people ran around trying to capture ideas? ;)

Last edited:
Haven't been following this thread, really, but I've seen this stupid game bring families together like nothing else. I don't do it, myself, and I admittedly was very snide about it to people when the craze took several weeks ago. However, I've heard about it at work and I've seen it in my own household with my wife and our teenage daughter. I would much rather the "bonding" happen via camping or road trip or concert or something more organic and "classic", if you will, but this is as good of a way as any, even if it is part of the new computer generation. Whatever medium works to get kids hanging out... and talking to their parents.

I've had this conversation with others very recently, and there's always the one who says, "You shouldn't need video games to have a good relationship with your children", or something of the like. Well, this works for us. But, congratulations, you are a better parent than I am. You win. Now, go fuck yourself.

Yeah, live and let live. Different strokes for different folks. No one's getting hurt by any of this (well, except the dummy's that do it to themselves ;), but you can't fix stupid. There's always an exception, don't worry about it, 80/20 rule).
I'm not going to play it, but I won't condemn anyone who does!

I'm pretty convinced that the real problem is that humanity insists on constantly creating new dragons to slay with their double edged swords.

To each his own. I don't do the Pokemon Go, but had a weird thought today. What a neat way for the government to track your wearabouts as you search for these dudes.

To each his own. I don't do the Pokemon Go, but had a weird thought today. What a neat way for the government to track your wearabouts as you search for these dudes.
They could track you anyways if your phone has gps or triangulate your position using the cell towers if it doesn't have it. But in order for them to want to do this, I think you'd have to be a pretty big criminal.

They could track you anyways if your phone has gps or triangulate your position using the cell towers if it doesn't have it. But in order for them to want to do this, I think you'd have to be a pretty big criminal.

Nope, they just have the carriers do it. Then they just pull the records, later.

Nope, they just have the carriers do it. Then they just pull the records, later.
Right, but I'm just trying to say that using the app doesn't make it any easier for the government to track you via gps, if they wanted to do it that is.

Yeah, the NSA can probably track any of us without a search warrant!!!

Not that I'm a conspiracy nut or anything :eek::p

Right, but I'm just trying to say that using the app doesn't make it any easier for the government to track you via gps, if they wanted to do it that is.

Well, of course they want to...lol.
Big brother is watching you. :p

Yeah, the NSA can probably track any of us without a search warrant!!!

Not that I'm a conspiracy nut or anything :eek::p

I believe the PATRIOT Act permitted these types of searches, but I'm not sure if those items were part of the 2015 sunset which killed some of the bill's (over)reach.