• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your brand of cigars favorite cigars, What vitolas recommend?

Andros

A lover of cigars
Good days
I personally do not have a favorite brand of cigars. I have several favorite cigar brands, which correspond, according vitolas galley and properties at different cigars.

Vitolas many would suggest, but usually vitolas thick smoke and not very long, but not too short.
On the strength I prefer to be medium-strong.

A greetings

padron millenium Maduro - HANDS DOWN

Very hard to find smoke.. But the best I have ever had.

I have to say I was disappointed with the Milleniums (just like the 80th's because I'm such a Padron whore). I've smoked a few so it wasn't just a bad one that I got a hold of. Granted, it definitely was good, but I guess I wanted it to be "magical" since at the time, it was a holy grail smoke for me.

Padron 40th Anniversary Maduro is by far my favorite vitola with a God of Fire Double Robusto coming in a distant second.

The El Triunfador's are good smokes, but are only the best smoke to someone that hasn't experienced a Padron!
smile.gif

I don't really understand the OP at all but dude is from the Canary Islands so I am going to give him a break on the language barrier. My favorite vitola is the lancero (yeah whatever Doc). I haven't a clue what to say about my favorite cigar ever anymore, I have been totally ruined.

Padron 80th Maduro & God of Fire Churchill. Can't decide btw those two as to which is my favorite, so I'll go with both.

Scents of the Caribbean

La Palma tobacco is fairly considered to be among the best in the world. The first commercial plantations date back to the mid-19 th century, when the palmeros who migrated to Cuba started to come back to their homeland.

1. History of the crop

The industrial making of cigarettes climbed up spectacularly in 1923, with the installation in El Paso of Pedro Capote factory. Five years after its opening, it already had a revolutionary rolling machine. In 1972, the multinational consortium RJ Reynolds bought the property, which moved from the old building close to the church of Nuestra Señora de Bonanza to the new industrial zone in the town outskirts. And Japan Tobacco International (JTI) was the last owner of the factory, which finally closed down in 2000 following an international restructuration of the bussiness.
But this major setback for the municipality did not bring the small tobbacco plantations to an end. The local varieties of tobacco are still grown and serve as the raw material for cigars of outstanding quality. The greatest part of the production has moved nonetheless to Breña Alta, on the other side of the island. Having said so, tobacco is also grown in El Paso, Breña Baja, Santa Cruz de La Palma and even in farmlands close to the Caldera de Taburiente National Park.

2. From the planting to the drying

The tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum) is quite demanding. For a start, it has to be planted at around 250 metres above sea level, in an area which has to be both warm and far from the coast, to avoid the pernicious effects of the maresía (sea breeze). The crop grows fast and lives a short live, so it needs vast amounts of nutrients and water. And to make things worse, it is very sensitive to a vast array of pests, including viruses, arthropods, worms, moulds and slugs.
But healthy plants are not enough, on its own, to guarantee a good production of tobacco. On the contrary, you need for them to grow leaves of a very specific length and thickness. One of the keys is to get the desbotonado right (the process of plucking the inflorescence, to prevent the plant from interrupting the production of leaves). Intensive growers use chemical inhibitors to achieve it, but on the grounds of quality they are not used in La Palma. Instead, growers hand-pluck the sprouts one by one and by hand. The harvesting period, a fair reward to all this trouble, starts in May and ends before the first winter chills, during the months of September and October.
If the harvest was successful, every adult plant would have yielded between 35 and 40 leaves, which are hand picked and enter the drying stage. To desecate them they are faced one against the other in groups of three and hanged from the cujes (horizontal wooden pegs). No stoves are used to accelerate the process, which relies entirely on the sun. Just the expert eye of the farmer determines the position and height of every cuje, that has to be adjusted almost daily depending on the weather and the drying of any given leaf. After a month, it is time for the tobacco to enter the chinchal (a Cuban word which refers to the workshop and travelled from overseas alongside the plants).

3. The making of the cigars

The cigars, from La Palma as from anywhere else, have two different parts. The outer layer (capa) has to be impeccable, giving it the good looks. The inner layer (tripa, which means literally “gut”) has less to do with the appearances than with aromas and flavours.
The elaboration process starts with the despalado, which consists in stripping the central nerve from the previously moist leaves. They are then pressed for an hour (with a humble weight, which can be a stone over a wooden plank). When the craftman begins to give shape to the tripa , he introduces leaves from Brazil, Cuba and Santo Domingo, which intensify the aromas without devaluating its character. Every one of them is individually rolled and pressed again in a mould, three hours on each side, until they display a perfectly cylindrical shape.
The last phase is the adding of the capa , which has to be glued with extreme care while keeping a careful eye on the moisture. The skill of the chinchalero is measured by his ability to hide the seams, as he has to finish the cigar with the only help of a rather basic glue, made out of rice starch. The craftman works over each cigar on a wooden board, fiddling with his metal cutter with the precision of a surgeon. The final cut is for the corazón (heart, in Spanish): the drop-shaped cutting used for the tip.
After the cigar band is in place, it is ready to be wrapped and marketed. According to its external shape, they will be labelled as nuncios (large and thick), viuditas (short and tailed), panetelas (long and thin), peticetros (middle-sized), coronas (slightly larger), etc.

Greetings to all

Antonio

PD. Se agradecen tambien comentarios en Español

Good days
I personally do not have a favorite brand of cigars. I have several favorite cigar brands, which correspond, according vitolas galley and properties at different cigars.

Vitolas many would suggest, but usually vitolas thick smoke and not very long, but not too short.
On the strength I prefer to be medium-strong.

A greetings

Translation (I think):

What are your favorite cigar brands?

What vitolas would you suggest in those brands? I usually like medium length cigars with thick smoke. I also prefer medium to strong cigars.

My favorites are Robusto cigar bands, medium ranges nuncio and some crowns. layers prefer mature and well cured I like snuff.

Greetings and good night

Antonio

padron millenium Maduro - HANDS DOWN

Very hard to find smoke.. But the best I have ever had.

The El Triunfador's are good smokes, but are only the best smoke to someone that hasn't experienced a Padron!
smile.gif

Well, pegged me. I've had a few Padrons but nothing that really blew my mind like the Triunfador.

I can't decide myself. I really love the opus, The GOF Carlitos, and The 80ths. The first El Triunfador I had was great, so I decided to order a 5 pack and so far the first two of the five sucked. My favorite Lanceros are the Milenium Blends and the forbidden Phathoms. If had the money I would smoke the Phathoms all day

I feel like padron's lately haven't been living up to their standards. Tatuaje would be my favorite right now.

Back