• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite cigar shape and why?

I like the torpedos and toros. For me, whenever I smoke them, I never get a bad one. It could just be the way I cut it, though.

Thread from the dead...

I'm partial to the Toro and Torpedo. Perfect Ring Gauge is 50-54 and if possible I really enjoy a box press or flat box press like the Norteno' line.

As is stated elsewhere in the thread, I went through a phase where I sought thinner cigars and laid my hands on a bunch of Lancero's.
While good, the novelty has kind of started to wear off and I smoke them too quickly. So, I guess I like a more substantial cigar.

As for the why I prefer the Torpedo and Toro?
  • Cool factor on the Torpedo, obviously
  • Longer smoke time

Lonsdales do it for me. Love the ring gauge, length is just right. I do smoke a number coronas, corona gordas, some lanceros, 7x47, etc. But I love those Lonsdales.

Corona gorda is the absolute sweet spot for me. Anything under 50 rg will work in pinch though.

Lanceros, coronas and corona gordas.... I like a Churchill quite a bit, and classic favorites like a PSD4 are permanently in the rotation, but the first three are just my top preferred sizes. Wrapper flavor with those RG's is one component, weight and feel is another, but mostly a lot of intangibles...kind of like the cigar version of the food term "umami".

Robustos, Churchills, Double Coronas, 109's (Double Robustos), Lanceros, Corona Gordas. Petit Coronas, and Perfectos...

Robustos, Churchills, Double Coronas, 109's (Double Robustos), Lanceros, Corona Gordas. Petit Coronas, and Perfectos...

Hah! Truth be told, as much as I love a petit, sometimes the blend is a lot better in a different format.

Really depends on my mood and amount of time I have to enjoy the cigar. For the most part corona gordas. Though other than torpedos and the occasional behike 54 I tend to shy away from cigars over 50 rg.

Back