• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite Tatuaje?

Fyodor

I'm glad to see how popular the Tatuaje's are becoming lately. I'm rooting for them. They are my favorite NC at the moment and I think they are better than any Fuente products I've had (controversial statement I know!). The Padron serie 26 might be better but not for the price in my opinion. To tell the truth I've only smoked the Cojonu 2003 and the Especiales. They are both so good (especially the Cojonu) that I've been afraid to spend my money on the others. Well, I did buy the RC 184 but I'm waiting for a nice summer day to smoke that one. So I figured I would ask you guys which Tatuaje you preferred, tally the results and then try it. Which one is the best?

Never had one!

There's a Regios(sp?) in my humi, just picked it up from a box pass yesterday. As soon as it has some time to rest, it'll go up in flames!

RC 184 :thumbs: Although I have a Gran Cojonu I've not tried yet so my answer might change.

I've had a few from the Tatuaje line. Cojonu 2003, Petit's, Reserva SW, Especiales, Noella, and a Reserva J21. All have been very good with the Reserva SW standing out among them all. It was the spiciest of the bunch, and had more of a complex flavor profile compared the rest. The J21 was also very good and I would put that 2nd in the favorite category.

I too enjoy the Tatuajes.
woohoo.gif

Problem is, I've not had much luck finding them. Thanks to MilesMingusMonk's fantastic reference I now know exactly what I'm missing. :0

Thus far I've only had one each of the Noellas & Regios. Of the two, I prefer Regios. I have a few more of the same two vitolas in the humidor. I'd be up for a box split if anyone has a good source for these.
thumbsup4kk.gif

Really enjoyed the Regios.
The unico was ok..had some burn problems.

I have the Cojunoand an rc 184 resting..

Alright, I'm tired of reading the raves about these sticks. Anyone care to sell or trade me a couple?

These sticks are worth it. I just smoked a Especial aka a lancero I would assume not long ago. Was a great smoke and glad I put a couple extra in my humidor to get me by till the next time I can get some more. :)

Have had the Cojonu 2003, GC, and the Especial(sp?). All of them are good so I cant say one is better than the other since each stick is different and offer the smoker a different experience each time. :D

I've got a few Noellas in the humi but haven't torched one yet. Maybe this weekend... :)

lucasbuck said:
Alright, I'm tired of reading the raves about these sticks. Anyone care to sell or trade me a couple?
[snapback]296285[/snapback]​

I got you covered, Craig. I'll get a Unicos (piramide), Reserva J21 (robusto) and Cojonu (sorta like the Cañonazos) out to you this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Wilkey

They are a very strong Nic cigar that still needs a little aging to round out the flavors.I've smoked the Especiales and Noellas and think they are a nice cigar. As far as them being better than any Fuente, I think you need to go back on your meds. lol

They are completely different than Fuente they really should be compared to Padron since both are Nicarugaun cigars, and until they have proven that they can produce a consistent product year after year, they really don't belong in the same conversation as Fuente or Padron. Both of those companies have been producing consistent cigars for decades, Tatuaje has no such history.

Well so far I would have to say that the Regios is my favorite. Burn was perfect and the flavors were outstanding. :)

The Master said:
They are a very strong Nic cigar that still needs a little aging to round out the flavors.I've smoked the Especiales and Noellas and think they are a nice cigar. As far as them being better than any Fuente, I think you need to go back on your meds. lol

They are completely different than Fuente they really should be compared to Padron since both are Nicarugaun cigars, and until they have proven that they can produce a consistent product year after year, they really don't belong in the same conversation as Fuente or Padron. Both of those companies have been producing consistent cigars for decades, Tatuaje has no such history.
[snapback]296305[/snapback]​

Not necessarily better than all Fuentes just better than the ones I've had. The best I've had are the Opus X fuente fuente and the Anejo 46. Both damn fine cigars but at the moment I would take a Cojonu 2003 over both. I don't expect anyone to agree with my insane statement it's just my personal opinion. Tatuaje has no consistent history but I've been lucky with them so far. Thanks for your insight.

I find the Tat's to be the opposite. Very mild. Be lucky on a good day to hit a medium on my scale. :laugh: They are no AF product or Padron. But did either of those companies produce a cigar right off that bat that gets the reviews that the Tatueje cigars do? Things that make you go hmmm and give the Tatueje 30+ years in producing cigars, it maybe a whole different story. Only time will tell and I like all three of these companies so far. Between 1998 through around 2002 I couldnt stand 90% of the AF line with the exception being the Hemi line. Hell, at the time you couldnt have bought the cigars and then paid me to smoke them. I just didnt think they was good. But I have never had a time that I didnt like a padron cigar. Now I am back in the AF line and actually like them. :thumbs:

I scored Regios & Unicos but have yet to try them. From what I have heard & read about them I don't think they can disappont.

BTW "better the AF and/or comparable to PAM's" :0 is streching it to say the least ...even without having any I cay say that with absolute confidence. ;)

I got a long skinny tatuaje in a pay-it-forward package. I didn't look it up to see what vitola it was, but it was my favorite.

Next would be the cojonu. I have a few regios but have not tried them yet.

If anyone wants to try a regios, I'd trade for a stick of equal value (not picky, just anything of near-equal value.). I can do this 3 times :) PM me if interested.

I'd never even heard of these cigars until the other day. Now I feel like I'm really missing out, I've got to get ahold of some and give them a go. :thumbs:

Nick

Cojonu! I can't wait for the 2006 Cojonu either (new vitola, same strong blend).

I fell in love with em, when I build my cabnitdor I'll probubly be adding a box or 2 to it. See what ageing dose for these.