• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

MI0001987141.jpg

New Metallica album came out on Friday. I was highly uninterested when they released the first single, "Hardwired..." about a month ago. I'm very glad to say that that song is the low point on the album, and they haven't sounded this good as a band since the mid-90's. I love the "Load/ReLoad" albums and era, and the new disc has a lot of that vibe to it. Hetfield's voice is amazing again, he production and mastering is lightyears beyond Death Magnetic, and even Kirk has his shining moments. For instance, I don't know where he pulled the solo for Dream No More from, because it could possibly be his best solo of the last 15+ years.

I'm really digging the album. I am not a fan of 50 year old men still trying to play thrash music (and act like they still have that angst inside), so I'm greatly relieved that there are only two or three songs on there that follow that vein. Most is very heavy, driving music with good melodies and excellent composition. It's thankfully NOT trying to be Master of Puppets or Ride The Lightning... Those are amazing albums, but they need to stay 30 years in the past, where they belong.

If you like that kind of music, give it a listen.

Ray Charles - Modern Sounds In Country and Western Music
The Best of Charles Brown - Driftin' Blues

Today was largely music free. UNTIL I left the job site, at which time I jammed on a mix of Led Zepplin, Kansas, and some guy named Hank. "Kashmere", "Icarus (Borne on Wings of Steel)", and "Whiskey Bent and Hellbound".
Suited my mood perfectly.

Kann, thanks for the write up on the new Metallica. I didn't know they had anything out, I'll give it a listen.

Starting my morning off with Exile on Main St.

Playing some old, iconic pop songs for my boy. Cowsills - Hair, 5th Dimension- Aquarius/Let the Sun shine, Mommas and the Poppas, etc. Not sure if he's "digging" it. haha.

Playing some old, iconic pop songs for my boy. Cowsills - Hair, 5th Dimension- Aquarius/Let the Sun shine, Mommas and the Poppas, etc. Not sure if he's "digging" it. haha.

Everyone loves Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In!

WELD - Neil Young on tour 1991. Yes that is a VHS tape, there is no official DVD.
41TF3EWBVVL.jpg

Aretha Franklin singing the longest, most drawn out version of our national anthem I've ever experienced.

Arguably the most successful Band to come out of the English Punk movement with a career spanning 43 years and over 15 top 40 UK albums and 20+ singles this is their 40th anniversary retrospective Giants and Gems. (11 CDs for $41 on Amazon)

51b86VLkAwL.jpg