• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Randomly watching some artists on Youtube I have a little desk system. Not the highest fidelity, but VERY musically engaging. Mac, Meridian Explorer D2A out of USB, Emotiva Mini-X-A-100 50 watt amp, and Peachtree Audio DS4.5 loudspeakers set up for nearfield listening. Currently watching "Disturbed" doing a cover of "The Sound of Silence", while I do paperwork.

The source doesn't do the system justice.
Indeed. Of course, it does sound better playing Discs. I've also tried JRiver with files, so far, and it sounds much better than Itunes. I need to see if my MSI/Windows 7 laptop provides any improvement. (my son commandeered it) This digital stuff is slow learning for me.

Eric Clapton: I Still Do.
168794-L-LO.jpg

I'm not a big fan of 45rpm Lps. Yes they do sound slightly better, but not worth getting up so much.

Doc

The neighbors, unfortunately. Sometimes they like to share o_O

I got a neighbor like that. He's a trip, works 3 miles down the road, but beer cans fall out of his truck every evening when he gets home.

Don't think he is genetically capable of whispering or even speaking in anything less than a low yell....

I got a neighbor like that. He's a trip, works 3 miles down the road, but beer cans fall out of his truck every evening when he gets home.

Don't think he is genetically capable of whispering or even speaking in anything less than a low yell....
Some people dont have an inside voice.

The neighbors, unfortunately. Sometimes they like to share o_O

Some people dont have an inside voice.
And what the fuck is the purpose of these three posts?

Doc

The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream
Otis Rush - Right Place, Wrong Time

To inform the World and CP that some people, cannot whisper. Some people are neighbors. Some are pick-up truck drivers, some people are maple syrup manufacturers who try to pass themselves off as ornery, Jar-Head mechanics. But in all cases, these people speak loudly. With you being informed, my mission is now complete.

To inform the World and CP that some people, cannot whisper. Some people are neighbors. Some are pick-up truck drivers, some people are maple syrup manufacturers who try to pass themselves off as ornery, Jar-Head mechanics. But in all cases, these people speak loudly. With you being informed, my mission is now complete.
Well that's nice to know, but start your own thread and discuss among yourselves.

Doc

Devin got me thinking about this. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I've fallen asleep at least 50% of the times I've played it. I just find it very relaxing:

upload_2016-7-16_21-7-42.png

Been checking out this young gal on Youtube. I really like her. Great phrasing besides vocal chops. Will be looking into getting some recordings once I get a better feel for her.

There's youtube videos of her singing at 13. She doesn't sound much different today. I have all of Lake St Dive's albums. The first on CD the second two on vinyl. They are diffidently worth acquiring. They're also on Tidal.

Doc

Last edited: