• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

I get "Rocket Queen" vibes from this one. I have nothing against Demi Lovato, and I'm sure she would be great for some vocals on different covers, but I'm not feeling this one. And, I think that's the problem: she's singing in, but she's not feeling it, either. The solo is signature Slash, though it plays for the song, for sure.

She doesn't have enough soul to pull this off.

TFT 90'S OHW & Some AVB Trivia

Gonna Make You Sweat is still an iconic dance song 34 years after it was released. The video with Zelma Davis singing was an MTV staple. The only problem was....Zelma Davis wasn't actually singing. She was picked for the video because she looked like this:
Xelma Davis.jpg
compared to the real singer Martha Wash of The Weather Girls who looked like this

martha-wash.jpg

Now there is nothing wrong with doing that except when you don't give credit or royalties to the actual singer. Martha went to C&C Music factory to negotiate and was basically told to go pound sand. It took a few years but she eventually had her day in court winning a settlement against the producers and the company. C&C Music factory declared bankruptcy and sold off it's asserts to pay off Ms. Wash , a sum many times greater than what she was asking for originally.

Last edited:

Gonna Make You Sweat is still an iconic dance song 34 years after it was released. The video with Zelma Davis singing was an MTV staple. The pnly problem was....Zelma Davis wasn't actually singing. She was picked for the video because she looked like this:
View attachment 82065
compared to the real singer Martha Wash of The Weather Girls who looked like this

View attachment 82066

Now there is nothing wrong with doing that except when you don't give credit or royalties to the actual singer. Martha went to C&C Music factory to negotiate and was basically told to go pound sand. It took a few years but she eventually had her day in court winning a settlement against the producers and the company. C&C Music factory declared bankruptcy and sold off it's asserts to pay off Ms. Wash , a sum many times greater than what she was asking for originally.

I remember that story. Man, the stuff The Business tried to (and often did) get away with before the days of the innerwebz...

Unrelated:

Gonna Make You Sweat is still an iconic dance song 34 years after it was released. The video with Zelma Davis singing was an MTV staple. The pnly problem was....Zelma Davis wasn't actually singing. She was picked for the video because she looked like this:
View attachment 82065

View attachment 82066

I remember this the C&C Music Factory Debacle.... I also remember hanging out with the Toadies at Trees and the Curtain Club in Dallas... Those where some fun times!!!