• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to do when DC# says package was delivered, but no package?

FunkyCold5

Whaddup!!!!!
I posted this yesterday, but I think the server reset and any post after April 28th seems to have been deleted.

Anyways:

So, I did a little trade with a great BOTL last week and he sent out his end last Friday and DC# says it got delivered Monday. I checked the front porch and the mailbox (live in a townhouse community) no package. I figured it's probably in the PO waiting to be delivered on Tuesday. Checked again last evening, no package.

Walked to a couple of my neighbor's houses and inquired, and they said they have not received any packages for me. One neighbor said he got a package, but it was for another neighbor next to him. The people that live around me are good about giving packages back to the right owner, it's just that I don't know EVERYONE in the neighborhood, so if it goes to someone else, they won't hesitate chucking the box or keeping it for themselves.

Any way to track where the package went? All DC# tells me it got delivered to Burke, VA in the middle of the afternoon.

It wouldn't annoy me as much if it was sticks I can easily acquire or replace, but we are talking about Tat Blacks and Opuses......so it's kind of a kick in the nutts not get it. Makes me question USPS now.

I'm essentially just venting. Anyone else experience this?

Andrew

Yes, it's not funny, especially when, as you say, these are not every day sticks.

Unfortunately, IMO, the shipper is responsible. The onus is on him to ensure that you get your sticks.

Next time you ship HTF or expensive sticks, spend a little extra and use UPS or Fedex...well, I have learned the hard way!

Brian

Have you contacted your post office or distribution center? It's possible they might be holding the box there. They're supposed to put a slip in your mailbox if the mailman decides the package is undeliverable.

It's worth a shot to try.

I'll just chalk it up to experience. The BOTL was willing to return part of my trade back, but I was like it wasn't his fault the carrier put it in the wrong box.

I did contact the PO. The lady was very helpful. I gave her the DC# and my address and she is currently looking into it.

Seems like my original mail carrier broke his ankle or leg and is out for a few weeks and a new guy is taking over his route. Since I live in a townhouse community, all the mailboxes are lumped together and there are two large boxes underneath for large packages. USPS don't leave packages outside, so they have these secure boxes. They just have to make sure they leave the key for the box in the correct mail box. I'm just guessing he put the key in the wrong mailbox and it's a neighbor I don't know too well.

Andrew

Have you contacted your post office or distribution center? It's possible they might be holding the box there. They're supposed to put a slip in your mailbox if the mailman decides the package is undeliverable.

The package may have been too large to fit in your box...?

The package may have been too large to fit in your box...?

Probably not, but you never know. Mailman's bag could have been full that day.

Nope, it was one of those small CD sized boxes, perfect for 5vers.

It was for:
2 - Tat Black
2 - Opus X Perf 5
1 - Opus X Power Ranger

I asked the BOTL if he sent it in a larger box, but he used the same box as the one I sent him.

I never liked DC#'s. It doesn't guarantee delivery. Good luck finding a resolution.

Same thing happened to me, check with the carrier. :thumbs:

I recently had the same experience. I found out I was just SOL. I almost cried when he told me what he had sent in the trade.

Seth

I had the same thing happen to me. I dropped a few C-notes on some HTF ISOM's and the seller shipped it USPS with a DC#. USPS says the package was delivered and I never saw the box. USPS wasn't very helpful and I couldn't tell them what was in the box. Needless to say, it was a $300 learning experience. I still cry a little inside when I think about it.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I woke up this morning and as I stepped out the front door, I noticed a small box. The box was post-marked April 25th. It was my missing box. The key must have been misplaced in another mailbox and the neighbor was nice enough to leave the package on my front porch this morning.

It's been a week and I have no idea why they waited this long, but I don't care. I'm happy to get my HTF sticks. Will be doing the happy dance later when I get home.

Andrew

Good neighbors are a blessing, especially in a community like yours. That person could have easily decided to take up cigar smoking :(

Glad to hear everything worked out for the better!

Glad it turned out A-ok bro! On a side note, when you going to be playing some poker on here? :)

Don

Edit: cause I cannot spell

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I woke up this morning and as I stepped out the front door, I noticed a small box. The box was post-marked April 25th. It was my missing box. The key must have been misplaced in another mailbox and the neighbor was nice enough to leave the package on my front porch this morning.

It's been a week and I have no idea why they waited this long, but I don't care. I'm happy to get my HTF sticks. Will be doing the happy dance later when I get home.

Andrew
When I saw this post, that was my first thought because it's happened to me. When you think about it, it is the most likely explanation. The other possibility I've heard about is a thief but that is very unlikely. A fellow member had that problem but I think it was using UPS.

Steve

Andrew
That is so cool, it must feel nice to have some neighbors with that much integrity, good for you. :)

Glad it turned out A-ok bro! On a side note, when you going to be playing some poker on here? :)

Don

Edit: cause I cannot spell

Don,

I'll get there sooner than later. I've been so busy with Relocation and now resigning from my job, that it has taken a back seat.

Let's set up another DC/NOVA/MD Herf and add poker night with it. LOL!

Andrew

That's a relief. Lucky too!

Brian

Glad you got your package, those are some nice smokes!

This has happened to me a couple times with USPS. Check tracking, see that something I've been expecting was delivered to my office on _____, go there that evening to check, no package what so ever. Next day - nothing, couple days later it mysteriously shows up.

If ever given the opportunity, I always choose Fedex over USPS