• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to smoke next?

überZigarre

Well CPers, I just don't know where to start. I've got a bit of a wish list made up in my head--made mostly from items read in CA. I finally found a God of Fire, which arrived in Chattanooga today and sits in my humidor, biding the day papers are signed. I have a couple Power Rangers, so those are off the wish list. I've split a box of isom Monte No.2s and a box of isom No.4s with Rob. I've now had Padron 64s and 26s. Hope to get lucky and stumble across a fair-priced 40th anniversary someday.

I tend to prefer the spicier tasting cigars ... am a big fan of coffee, cedar, and leather in my smokes. But there are so many cigars out there, that I feel woozy just reading about the smokes you gentlemen discuss. Typically, my cigar smoking occurs in the evening, though I have been enjoying my Monte No.2s as a breakfast smoke and would like to find more mellow morning sticks. So, I'm asking for some suggestions on tasty, quality smokes. ISOMs are, of course, something I know only a little about, especially because it takes a bit more time and energy to come across them. I'd be really happy to know of more domestics that I should smoke.

What I have in mind is smoking through your suggestions, in order of appearance, if possible.

Thanks fellas,

üZ. :blush:

Well, for something easily obtainable, I say give the El Rey Del Mundo Flor De Llaneza (torp) maddie a try. For something a bit harder to find but not impossible, go for the DCMs. Both are favs of mine. Hope you enjoy. :)

grand cru no 2 said:
Well, for something easily obtainable, I say give the El Rey Del Mundo Flor De Llaneza (torp) maddie a try. For something a bit harder to find but not impossible, go for the DCMs. Both are favs of mine. Hope you enjoy. :)
[snapback]182784[/snapback]​

I have been enjoying the DCMs lately. Would love to find a Toast Across America (OpusX version, as well). My local tobacconist carries them. However, the El Rey Del Mundo you mention is now #1 on my list.

Thanks,

üZ.

I would recomend an Ashton VSG. It's full bodied and spicy,one of my favs.

I like the CAO Brazilia, and as a cheap daily smoke the Sancho Panza Double Maduro...

but there are so many I have yet to try- I just reach into the coolidor and grab one- chances are I have yet to smoke it!

I'll second the Ashton VSG vote wonderfull smoke there. I would also reccomed the Series X by Oliva deliciously creamy one of my favs and also the Oliva 'O' maduro. and for something on the mild side CAO italia seems to hit the spot.

überZigarre said:
grand cru no 2 said:
[snapback]182784[/snapback]​

I have been enjoying the DCMs lately. Would love to find a Toast Across America (OpusX version, as well). My local tobacconist carries them. However, the El Rey Del Mundo you mention is now #1 on my list.

Thanks,

üZ.
[snapback]182789[/snapback]​

Isn't burns out of the TAA sets?! ???

Burn down that God of Fire. Also, I owe you a b-day cigar. It'll be here shortly! :whistling:

KayakinBoy said:
Isn't burns out of the TAA sets?!  ???

Burn down that God of Fire.  Also, I owe you a b-day cigar.  It'll be here shortly!    :whistling:
[snapback]183130[/snapback]​

I meant Burns carries the DCMs. I've not seen any TAA sets there lately. John, you know what the God of Fire is for ... maybe when I get some extra dough I'll buy another and smoke one or toss it into a pass, if I get in on one. I need to do a couple passes so I can start an "I'm finalizing the divorce" pass.:whistling:

üZ.

überZigarre said:
KayakinBoy said:
Isn't burns out of the TAA sets?! ???

Burn down that God of Fire. Also, I owe you a b-day cigar. It'll be here shortly! :whistling:
[snapback]183130[/snapback]​

I meant Burns carries the DCMs. I've not seen any TAA sets there lately. John, you know what the God of Fire is for ... maybe when I get some extra dough I'll buy another and smoke one or toss it into a pass, if I get in on one. I need to do a couple passes so I can start an "I'm finalizing the divorce" pass.:whistling:

üZ.
[snapback]183367[/snapback]​

Dude...maybe you forgot, but Eshaw is adding you to the I'm gonna be a daddy pass... but here is my suggestion for a smoke thatI just put on my wish list, so you should too...after all, we normally buy smokes together anyway...the AF Shark. I've heard they are awesome. I can't wait to try one, so lets find a couple of those next!

Righto. It used to be that I was always trying to figure out what 5 or 6 dollar cigar to smoke. Now I try to figure out what 12 or 15 dollar cigar to smoke, and it's slightly overwhelming the more I get into the cigar stores ...

üZ.

The world of cigars is so interesting to me. I started with really cheap ones that weren't all that great -- so I stayed with smoking pipes. Then I had a couple of nice cigars given to me, and I was hooked. But I didn't make a great deal of money at the time -- fresh out of college, I was -- so I had to stay under ten. The first ten dollar cigar I bought was a big moment. Since then, I have worked my way into the teens. The most expensive cigars I've purchased have been the PerfeXion A and the God of Fire. Down from that, a Diamond Crown Figurado #6 and an AF Between the Lines. Now that I have begun to develop a bit more refined taste for cigars -- admittedly, I'm just beginning -- I'm interested in checking out more sub-ten-dollar cigars for good smokes that don't cost much, like Rocky Patels, Padron Fumas, and some others. But I'm always looking for suggestions of what I ought to find next.

Thanks to all of you guys,

üZ.