• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was the 1st Recorded music you bought?

I bought the self titled Rage Against the Machine after hearing it at my friend's house. I had never heard anything like it so I took my snow shoveling money and rode my bike to the mall and bought it and listened to it for at least 3 month straight. I still keep it in the rotation to this day!

Steely Dan - Aja. Wrong generation but I heard Josie on the radio and said dad, who is this?

Still in regular rotation

Tape - Nirvana - Nevermind
CD - Stone Temple Pilots - Core

I've since bought multiple copies of these CDs and still listen to them regularly in my iPod rotation

First 45 - Spinners - Workin my way back to you/Forgive Me
First LP - Run DMC - Raising Hell
All of my tapes were mixtapes
First CD - New Jack City Soundtrack (they didn't care about selling expicit material to ppl under the age of 18 then)

First LP: Sgt. Pepper's
First cassette: Herb Alpert's Whipped Creme and Other Delights
First 45: probably a Beatles disc.
I remember that when I was little, I put on an LP from my parent's collection called B.S. Pulley's Fairey Tales and they came running in to take it off! Hey! It said "Fairey Tales"! I thought it was kiddie stories.

Counting Crowes, August and everything after. I was in the seventh grade. Thought I was buying the Black Crows!
The best thing is that album became my absolute favorite, I still love the counting crows today.

First Record Muppets Show. My mom thought it was silly I wanted a record of a tv show

First tape was Twisted Sister :Stay Hungry. My mother refused to get it my dad helped me get it.

First CD was Singles Soundtrack

"Do it Again" The Beach Boys on Capitol Records 45

R-150-2577498-1291347677.jpeg

First Music I got to call my own was

1 Aerosmith --- Toys in the Attic LP
1b Led Zepplin -- IV LP

My parents bought these for me for Xmas ( first and maybe only attempt at them being cool ).

Joe G

First album I owned (via gift that came with a boom box my parents got me) was Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA. But one album that comes to mind for some reason, although it definetely wasn't the first was In God We Trust, Inc. by Dead Kennedy's. Because on the way home from the mall my dad asked me what I got, and it was a big disaster trying to explain that one to him!

My first vinyl was Michael Jackson - Thriller. First cassette (ashamed) was Olivia Newton John - Let's Get Physical. :sign:

With my own money, 1984 by Van Halen. They sucked when they because Van Hagar!

Guns N' Roses, Appetite For Destruction and Lies Lies Lies on the same day. I must be close in age to Kann

I think this was mine as well. If not, it would have been Iron Maiden's Live After Death or Metallica's ...And Justice For All.