• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Reviews of liquor should be in the Liquor, Liqueur, Shots forum. I know things are expensive down under but $42 for a 3 yo blend seems to be a bit much. Perhaps the insecticide - herbicide free commands a premium from Tobermory the only distillery on Mull where this is made.

Will be drinking this again in future for the price, $42.
Not sure if this is the place for a review so feel free to tell me if i did bad

Sorry about that Ray.
Anyway , this week i am drinking Auchentoshan 10 yo.
It's been in the collection for a while so thought it was time to crack it open.
Do you have any idea what it is like?

I've had the 3 wood, the 21 and a few others but I don't think I've ever had the 10 yo. You'll have to post up that review.

Enjoying my first glass of Havana Club 7. Sweet!

I think the HC7 is good but for the price I would rather have Zacapa (XO especially) Vizcaya, Zaya12 or Zafra. How do you compare Hc7 to those in your view?

I think the HC7 is good but for the price I would rather have Zacapa (XO especially) Vizcaya, Zaya12 or Zafra. How do you compare Hc7 to those in your view?

I agree...while the novelty of the HC7 is great, Zacapa 23 anos and XO are better tasting rums IMHO.

I drank a few rums for a change last weekend in Las Vegas so I am a little better educated on rums.

I can only taste the lighter flavors in HC-7, honey and vanilla? While I like quite a bit I wish it had more punch. For me it's too light to enjoy with a cigar.

Cockspur 12 and Zacapa 23 were tops for me this trip. Zaya 12 is good, didn't see any Vizcaya.

Macallan 30 Fine Oak ruled Sunday and Monday nights. ;)

After dinner, I had a cup of diet Dr. Pepper and dropped a shot of Maker's Mark in it. Didn' t taste good at all tbh.

Patron Platinum, Don Julio 1942, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Springbank 10, Macallan 30 Sherry Oak, Hennessey XO & Paradis, Johnnie Walker Green and Blue Sunday and Monday nights in LV.

Patron Platinum, Don Julio 1942, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Springbank 10, Macallan 30 Sherry Oak, Hennessey XO & Paradis, Johnnie Walker Green and Blue Sunday and Monday nights in LV.

Quite the Line-up, sounds like a great weekend.

I am cuirious what were your Thoughts on the Patron Platinum? Never had it and find it hard to justify that kind of scratch on clear booze. I love me some 1942 though that is great stuff. So do you think the Platinum is worth a go?

Gregg,
I'm not really a tequila guy mainly due to the fact that the agave flavor dominates the flavor profile of what most people consider to be good tequila. So take this with a grain of salt.

In my opinion many of the so called great sipping tequilas are very one dimensional. I was disappointed when I tasted the Platinum for that very reason. Once you swallow the drink the agave flavor is so strong I can't really taste anything else. I have the same complaint about Gin. Your mileage may vary but I didn't find it different enough from the regular Patron Silver or a Don Julio Silver to justify the additional expense.

I know it's quite a bit more expensive but Herradura Seleccion Suprema is much better in my opinion it you are looking for a special bottle.

I am also a fan of Don Julio 1942. This would probably be the top end that I would go for tequila. The agave flavor is toned down which adds to the complexity for me. YMMV.

Casa Noble, I believe it was the Anejo was very good for the money. 2 thumbs up!

Edited to add: I assume it's okay to answer questions in this thread rather than starting a new one since I wasn't posting a review. Happy Holidays

Gregg,
I'm not really a tequila guy mainly due to the fact that the agave flavor dominates the flavor profile of what most people consider to be good tequila. So take this with a grain of salt.

In my opinion many of the so called great sipping tequilas are very one dimensional. I was disappointed when I tasted the Platinum for that very reason. Once you swallow the drink the agave flavor is so strong I can't really taste anything else. I have the same complaint about Gin. Your mileage may vary but I didn't find it different enough from the regular Patron Silver or a Don Julio Silver to justify the additional expense.

I know it's quite a bit more expensive but Herradura Seleccion Suprema is much better in my opinion it you are looking for a special bottle.

I am also a fan of Don Julio 1942. This would probably be the top end that I would go for tequila. The agave flavor is toned down which adds to the complexity for me. YMMV.

Casa Noble, I believe it was the Anejo was very good for the money. 2 thumbs up!

Edited to add: I assume it's okay to answer questions in this thread rather than starting a new one since I wasn't posting a review. Happy Holidays

Gregg,

After dinner, I had a cup of diet Dr. Pepper and dropped a shot of Maker's Mark in it. Didn' t taste good at all tbh.

Most likely due to the Dr. Pepper you poisoned it with :)

Been having me a lot of Jack Daniels, Makers, Jameson, and Paddy this holiday season. All very good, but the Makers has been right on.