• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's a good drink with a cigar?

It depends on what cigar, time of day and mood your in. For me if I'm smoking a DP Vegas Cubanas I like to pair it with strong, dark black coffee. But for me I like this stick on Saturday and Sunday mornings (or if I have a day off during the week). Otherwise I like the Arizona sweet tea or water. Then again I started seriously smoking cigars while in Iraq and I can't exactly go pairing with alcohol over here. :sign: :whistling:

Ginger beer. Brew your own, it's easy, you should be able to do it with what you've got around the house (you do have quality water, yeast, sugar, lemons, cream of tartar and ginger...right?) and only take a couple of days forethought.

I enjoy a glass of cognac or brandy with my cigar in the evening. If I am smoking in the morning I will usually drink an italian soda with fruit flavoring (grape, strawberry, orange).

If I go the non-alchooloic route, I go Iced mint tea, which I discovered not too long ago to be a very nice compliment to a cigar. Either than that, a good coffee, expresso or not, with sugar.

If I go the alchool-way, once you are over 21 and all, I dring either a good rum ( Havana Club Barrel Proof, Ron Santiago de Cuba, Zacapa or Legendario Licor de Ron), a Caipirina, or a Mojito.

good root beer - Gales, Sarnac, Stewart's, Dad's... Dog N’ Suds if you can find it!

A sparkling soda. Similar to a cola but not as sweet. Light fruity flavor and the carbonation do a nice job of clearing the palate.