• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now? 2013

TempletonRye.jpg

Doc

Devil Doc said:

Man...you ain't kidding. I bought a bottle of this on the recommendation of the guys here (Clint in particular at the QSH) and I was SHOCKED how good it was!

The Willetts Family Estate Single Barrel is really nice too...and I'm drinking a glass of it right now!

Noah's Mill, my favorite regular production bourbon. Love the Willett!

Devil Doc said:
Had an opportunity to do a Templeton distillery tour last month on our way to Spirit Lake. Unfortunately they do not distill any product at the Iowa location, yet. It was nice to chat and learn about how they make their whiskey. And you cannot even buy the whiskey there but we were able to quickly locate a few bottles right down the street.

Very enjoyable.

Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix.  This is better than I remember.  Really enjoying the dry vanilla and apple / pear combo.  

So much so that I am contemplating a purchase of their Malt Master or 18yo Ancient reserve.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Had a Bruichladdich PC 10 last night while watching the game. Peat is present ;-)

The Knot.

A bunch of my Irish Cop friends serve shots of this on NFL Sundays. Interesting liquor, not sure what to make of it. The taste is sweet, and it has almost a cinnamony, butterscotchy flavor. I may try pouring it on pancakes as it seems to remind me of watered down maple syrup.

I think this lends itself more to the 'shot' category than a sipping drink, but then again, maybe on a cold Winter night it would warm the soul quite well. What I will say is that after 3 double shots, you get a decent buzz....as it's 100 proof.

Slainte!!

Balvenie 12 yo single cask & a little Dalmore 21

Try pairing the great mildly smoky and peaty tastes of Highland Park’s 21 year old scotch with a Camacho Corojo cigar, allowing the sweetness of the scotch to mellow on the taste buds as the crispness of the cigar lingers for a delectable treat. 

18 year old Sazerac Rye paired with a La Flor Dominicana Limitado III